Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What does this mean?

tag
kc12286
Frequent Contributor

What does this mean?

I applied for Bill Me Later and was told they couldn't process my request. I got an email saying I could find out why by going to their website. When I went to the site it said I had a "serious delinquancy". As far as I know of, I've had a few late payments, but I've always called the credit companies immediately and straightend it out. (I've been assuming that they took these "delinquancies" of my report, but I'm guessing this probably isn't true). Anyway, how do I find out what delinquancy it might be referring to?

I did have a phone bill sent to a collection agency but the agency allowed me to pay them and I WAS told it wasn't reported to FICO.

In the Garden Club since: 07/05/2017

6/9/2008-TransUnion-703
6/9/2008-Equifax-712
6/9/2008 Experian-635

2/16/2011 Transunion - 675
3/11/2011 Equifax - 688
5/13/2011 Equifax - 704
5/28/2011 Equifax - 704
5/28/2011 Transunion - 724
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: What does this mean?

@kc12286 wrote:

I applied for Bill Me Later and was told they couldn't process my request. I got an email saying I could find out why by going to their website. When I went to the site it said I had a "serious delinquancy". As far as I know of, I've had a few late payments, but I've always called the credit companies immediately and straightend it out. (I've been assuming that they took these "delinquancies" of my report, but I'm guessing this probably isn't true). Anyway, how do I find out what delinquancy it might be referring to?

I did have a phone bill sent to a collection agency but the agency allowed me to pay them and I WAS told it wasn't reported to FICO.

It varies by lender, but typically a serious delinquency is one that includes any 90+ days late or later, CAs, COs, PRs, etc., paid or unpaid. You may want to pull the CR that was pulled by Bill Me Later and see if it includes any of these items.

Nothing is reported to FICO. FICO scores are based on what is on your CR.

ETA...By law, they have to tell you what the reasons were AND they have to tell you which report was pulled. Once you find out the report source, you can then request a free copy from the CRA due to adverse action. You'd need to obtain that report directly from the CRA and you can get it online if you want.

Message 2 of 5
kc12286
Frequent Contributor

Don't credit card companies report when they send an account a CA? So in the case of that bill, I was told if I paid before a certain date, when it was reported to my credit report it would report as being paid in full.

Anyway, Bill Me Later pulled Equifax, which if I remember correctly from the last time I pulled my scores was my lowest. 

The only thing I can think that would show up, is I had two bills go to CA, but I paid both before receiving calls from a CA. I believe I paid directly to the company where services were rendeered.  IF this is the case, what should I do?

@llecs wrote:

@kc12286 wrote:

It varies by lender, but typically a serious delinquency is one that includes any 90+ days late or later, CAs, COs, PRs, etc., paid or unpaid. You may want to pull the CR that was pulled by Bill Me Later and see if it includes any of these items.

Nothing is reported to FICO. FICO scores are based on what is on your CR.

ETA...By law, they have to tell you what the reasons were AND they have to tell you which report was pulled. Once you find out the report source, you can then request a free copy from the CRA due to adverse action. You'd need to obtain that report directly from the CRA and you can get it online if you want.

In the Garden Club since: 07/05/2017

6/9/2008-TransUnion-703
6/9/2008-Equifax-712
6/9/2008 Experian-635

2/16/2011 Transunion - 675
3/11/2011 Equifax - 688
5/13/2011 Equifax - 704
5/28/2011 Equifax - 704
5/28/2011 Transunion - 724
Message 3 of 5
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

@kc12286 wrote:

Don't credit card companies report when they send an account a CA? So in the case of that bill, I was told if I paid before a certain date, when it was reported to my credit report it would report as being paid in full.

Anyway, Bill Me Later pulled Equifax, which if I remember correctly from the last time I pulled my scores was my lowest. 

The only thing I can think that would show up, is I had two bills go to CA, but I paid both before receiving calls from a CA. I believe I paid directly to the company where services were rendeered.  IF this is the case, what should I do?

There might be several reasons why a CCC isn't reporting but a CA is. One would be that not every CCC report to all 3. Another might be that the CCC decided not to report anymore but certainly would be entitled to if within CRTP. In your phone bill example, phone companies only report if the TL was a major derog., like a charge-off or paid CO. So, if you agreed to pay by a certain date, and if already very late or CO'd, then they could have reported it a "paid in full" like agreed, but it would still be a major baddie.

You really would need to pull your CR to see what's reporting.

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Use the letter from bill me to send to the credit

bureaus they will then in return grant you a free copy of your report

which will show all delinquancys on all reports.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.