cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What effect checking accounts have on FICO? Give bank SSN?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

What effect checking accounts have on FICO? Give bank SSN?

My credit report includes my credit card accounts, but it doesn't seem to include my checking account with BoA. I never gave BoA my SSN, so maybe that's why? Should I give them my SSN? Does it make any difference at all?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

Re: What effect checking accounts have on FICO? Give bank SSN?

@Anonymous wrote:

My credit report includes my credit card accounts, but it doesn't seem to include my checking account with BoA. I never gave BoA my SSN, so maybe that's why? Should I give them my SSN? Does it make any difference at all?

Hello and welcome to myFICO.

Checking accounts are not included on credit reports. Neither are such things as cell phones, utilities, etc.

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 3/11 pulled by lender- 835, EQ - 2/11-816, TU - 2/11-782

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Message 2 of 5
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Checking accounts do not go on your credit bureau reports. The only time a bank reports your checking account is if there is money owed to them and that would be reported to chexsystems and not the bureaus. (Unless it goes to collections).

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 3 of 5
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

+1 to the reaponses from Marine & LS.

Just to add ~ the reason bank accounts are not included is that they are not a credit based product. You are really only spending your own money.

Some banks offer overdraft/lines of credit which would allow you to overspend your available balance ~ these will occasionally report to the CRAs, but not the underlying accounts...
March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 4 of 5
namvet
Established Contributor

@pizzadude wrote:
+1 to the reaponses from Marine & LS.

Some banks offer overdraft/lines of credit which would allow you to overspend your available balance ~ these will occasionally report to the CRAs, but not the underlying accounts...

This is true that that may occasionally report but they ALWAYS report when you don't pay on time.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.