Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What happens when you graduate from a secured card

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

What happens when you graduate from a secured card

What happens when you graduate from a secured card to a normal one with respect to it being reported. For example if your limit was increased to 1000 dollars from 300 would the history be reported for this original card with the limit increased and would the secured tag be removed or would it be reported as a separate new credit file?
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: What happens when you graduate from a secured card

Please help...I know I'm new to the forums but after reading how others have been helped I hope that someone can give me the help I need .
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

RichRaven wrote:
  What happens when you graduate from a secured card to a normal one with respect to it being reported. For example if your limit was increased to 1000 dollars from 300 would the history be reported for this original card with the limit increased and would the secured tag be removed or would it be reported as a separate new credit file?

LOL you just posted this a little while ago, patience. The increase in limit will help, you will keep the full history of the card and secured or unsecured really doesn't matter.

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

i think it may vary from issuer to issuer, but in general you keep the history and some (i think) never report as secured. if it did have a secure tag, again in general it gets removed.

RichRaven wrote:

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you so very much for you response...Please if any of you have more help it would be greatly appreciated. I hope to use the knowledge you give me to be help make my life better and provide  my family with a secure future and help me educate my children with a pathway to a better life.
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Raven, ask questions, read the comments from others in the various major topics, use the search box to see answers to questions you don't readily see. There's a wealth of information at your fingertips. And very knowledgable people that will answer your questions. I dare say most folks were seeking answers to a few questions when they stumbled in here. And have received quite an education. I know I have. Smiley Happy

"Never, ever, ever be late. Never"
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.