Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What impacts the score the most???

tag
CreditBob
Established Contributor

What impacts the score the most???

Here is what scores the highest to lowest points: Bank, credit union, auto loan attached to a finance company, staright fiannce comapny.  Mortgage loans (open), auto loans from a bank, credit cards, auto loans through finance company (GMAC, Ford Motor Credit), dept. store cards, gas station cards, finance companies. The credit bureaus look at banks and the credit unions as having the highest impact on a loan. Banks have been around for many years and their credit requirements are more strict. The credit bureaus look at finance companies as being a high risk business that extend to peopel with lower credit scores and who are a bigger risk. Always use your bank and if not a credit union.
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: What impacts the score the most???

Thanks for this post, I fully believe it's best to go with Credit Union, now I just have to find one!
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: What impacts the score the most???

Interesting thanks for the Woman Very Happy I actually have both a credit union and bank that I have bank accounts with and will used them to refinance and cashout once my score increases from the low to mid 500's to the low to mid 600's, its stressful.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.