cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What in the world. 6 Collections shown on here but 3 on Experian?!?!

tag
EJsMommy

What in the world. 6 Collections shown on here but 3 on Experian?!?!

Hi everyone

I am new here and was curious... has anyone had this experience of showing more collections on MyFICO than Experian? On my Experian report it shows 3 collections and then on MyFICO shows 6! (I know, bad) however I am trying to pay them off for deletion to build my credit back up but am confused as to which one to actually believe. On MyFICO, it doesn't show the information as far as what company or number/information for the collection companies, but through Experian it does and only shows 3.

Any advice?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
HoldingOntoHope
Valued Contributor

Re: What in the world. 6 Collections shown on here but 3 on Experian?!?!

Well since you can't buy an Experian report on My Fico then you obviously are looking at reports from two different bureaus. Not all accounts or collections will necessarily report to all three credit bureaus (Equifax, Transunion, and Experian.) I had at least a couple collections that only reported to two and a judgment that only reported to one when I started cleaning up my credit.

I'm not sure that I understand what you mean about the company information not showing up on the FICO report. If it is showing a confusing set of numbers and letters for an account # then it could be medical collections but I thought they still gave contact information. The Rebuilding your Credit forum has a lot of information on tracking down creditor information and offering Pay for Delete on accounts.

Stick around the forums and do a lot of reading at first and you will gather a wealth of information. Take the advice of experienced members and you will find yourself in Credit Wonderland before you know it. Credit problems are not insurmountable and don't last forever. (Although it can feel like it with some negative accounts).

You have found a wonderful community of caring and knowledgeable individuals and I look forward to your continued participation.

Best financial advice I ever got: "Just imagine what an adult would do and do that."

Starting Score: 500's
Current Score: EQ 701 (FICO) TU 721 (FICO) EX 715 (Quizzle)
Goal Score: 760 ALL

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 2 of 3
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: What in the world. 6 Collections shown on here but 3 on Experian?!?!

@EJsMommy wrote:

Hi everyone

I am new here and was curious... has anyone had this experience of showing more collections on MyFICO than Experian? On my Experian report it shows 3 collections and then on MyFICO shows 6! (I know, bad) however I am trying to pay them off for deletion to build my credit back up but am confused as to which one to actually believe. On MyFICO, it doesn't show the information as far as what company or number/information for the collection companies, but through Experian it does and only shows 3.

Any advice?

Did you mean Equifax?

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.