cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What information we should include in GW Letters for Inquiry removals?

tag
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

What information we should include in GW Letters for Inquiry removals?

I am thinking of writing GW letters to companies to remove the inquiries from my credit reports. What information I should include on this. Should I include my DOB and SSNO. Or just name and address? Any suggestions as to what I should include and should not include in the letter?
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
azsassycat
Frequent Contributor

Re: What information we should include in GW Letters for Inquiry removals?

This is the letter I used, I haven't heard anything back yet - Cathleen

Dear GE Money Bank Representative,

I have been both a GE Money Bank and a Wal-Mart customer for many years.  During that time, I have enjoyed my experience with both companies greatly.  I am writing to see if you would be willing to make a "goodwill" adjustment to your reporting to the Equifax credit reporting agency.

I would like you to consider removing a hard inquiry from my credit report.  I hope that GE Money Bank is willing to work with me on erasing this mark from my credit report.

GE Money Bank has been exceptional in my book and I highly recommend your line of credit cards to all my friends and relatives.  I hope that you will deeply consider my request and I look forward to your reply.

Please remove this inquiry (also see enclosure)
GEMB/WALMART
PO Box 981400, El Paso, TX 79998-1400
Date of Request: 10/01/07
Equifax

Sincerely,

Name

Address

Phone number

SSN#

10/22/07 (FICO) EQ 544 EX 520 TU 518
03/04/08 (FICO) EQ 606 EX 599 TU 601
04/24/08 (FICO) EQ 600 EX 580 TU 608
06/02/15 (FICO) EQ 578 EX 561 TU 589
Message 2 of 5
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Thank you very much for the information and sample letter. I'll send out the letters today. Let us see how I make out with them. I want to purchase a real estate property early next year. I want to see if I can get some of these inquiries out so I can improve my Fico scores and get better interest rate. Let us know what does GEMB say to you.
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good letter Cathleen! Smiley Happy
Message 4 of 5
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Not to do a thumbs-up or thumbs-down on your situation, but I wanted to make sure that you had read this (I'm in Firefox, so you'll have to copy/ paste):

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/fico/board/message?board.id=ficoscoring&thread.id=9007

Please read--you might want to reconsider.

Message Edited by haulingthescoreup on 11-02-2007 05:44 PM
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.