Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is Bankcard Enhanced model?

tag
Subexistence
Established Contributor

What is Bankcard Enhanced model?

I can't find information on what specifically it includes as factors? Like do store cards have negative impact, etc..?

Starting Score: Ex08-732,Eq08-713,Tu08-717
Current Score:Ex08-795,Eq08-807,Tu08-787,EX98-761,Eq04-742
Goal Score: Ex98-760,Eq04-760

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

History of my credit
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: What is Bankcard Enhanced model?

There's a BE flavor for each of the major FICO families:

FICO 9, FICO 8, FICO 04, etc.

How exactly the BE flavor might differ from the Classic flavor is unknown, though like you if anyone knew for sure (and could explain on what basis they knew) I'd be delighted to know.

Prior to the last year, I would have guessed that the BE flavor might be more sensitive to someone opening a whole bunch of credit cards in a short time -- more so than Classic I mean.  If so, however, that hasn't been born out by my own experience of the last 16 months.  I had four cards for a long time, and then began adding a lot of cards (chasing bonsues).  My Citibank EQ FICO 8 BE score dropped some but no more so than my classic scores seemed to have done.

I don't think anyone has seen any evidence that FICO treats store cards differently from major credit cards, though if FICO 9 does it is probably too early to tell. 

I think the best practical approach to store cards is to get one if you can see how it will give you a substantial advantage given your particular purchasing pattern.  E.g. a person who lives next door to Target and therefore buys a ton of stuff there.  The 5% cashback card makes sense.  Otherwise tend to avoid them (though not in a panicky way).

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.