Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is F/R

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

What is F/R

What does F/R amd LUV mean?  I've seen them mentioned here and there and have no idea what they mean.

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: What is F/R

I've wondered the same thing (about LUV, have never seen F/R) and looked in the abbreviations list and it's not there.  I'm sure it will be blatantly obvious once I see it spelled out.
Message 2 of 12
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

LUV is another name for CLI... F/R = Fraud or Financial Review.

Message Edited by Tuscani on 05-20-2007 11:32 PM

Message Edited by Tuscani on 05-21-2007 06:49 AM
Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

F/R = Financial Review. From what I've read on other sites, some Amex cards have a CLI request button, known as the LUV button, where users can request a CLI after 30 days. If you click the LUV button too many times, you can trigger the dreaded Financial Review, where additional data is required by Amex to justify your credit limit. Or something like that.

(Edit) Oops, too slow ...

Message Edited by Revike on 05-20-2007 09:34 PM
Message 4 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

The OP on the Mega AMEX thread on CIC recently got hit with an AMEX F/R. He had a $100K total CL on his AMEX cards with 1% util. In the words of the AMEX CSR, they were nervous about the amount of available credit.

Message 5 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

I couldn't even imagine having a credit line that high, nor would I want one. 

I didn't realize any ccc even went that high!  Wow. 

Message 6 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the answers everyone!  Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Credit reviews don't hurt though right? I get them monthly sometimes twice monthly from many banks including Amex. They show up as soft pulls and sometimes they say account review. I get repeats too, one will say Amex, other will say American Express, They are not always the same. But they are repeated monthly. Or is that something else? Is that normal?
Message 8 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Account reviews (AR) or credit reviews (CR) in the form of a soft pull is quite a bit different from a financial review (FR).

A soft pull means they wanna sell you something, up your CL, or offer you a CC.

An FR means they are nervous that you have too much credit and they wanna confirm your income. They might ask to see your tax returns, but it's your right to refuse. They can of course close the CC.

The OP on CIC who got hit with an FR declined to comply with the request, asked that all cards be closed, and AMEX called back within a month to say please come back.

Message 9 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

My bad. They are all AR. I was a bit worried. They still hit twice a month when I pull high balances and add inquiries.
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.