Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is going on with Equifax now???

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

What is going on with Equifax now???

I have had a daily updating product with Equifax for close to 2 years. Never had any issues.

Today I logged in to see it and update the report, and it gives me an error that it can't be completed and to call them

So I call, and am currenly on hold for a supervisor and hopefully someone who speaks English as their primary language (no offense to anyone, it is extremely difficult yo get an answer when there is a language barrier) - and after about 25 mins of the run around she tells me there is a "conflict" in information that is a "technical" problem and I need to submit my SS Card and Drivers License to them so they can sort it out.

If I can answer every **bleep** question they toss out and me to verify myself, why do they need that sent to them???

I'll update if I ever get a supervisor or actual answer.

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: What is going on with Equifax now???

@Anonymous wrote:

I have had a daily updating product with Equifax for close to 2 years. Never had any issues.

Today I logged in to see it and update the report, and it gives me an error that it can't be completed and to call them

So I call, and am currenly on hold for a supervisor and hopefully someone who speaks English as their primary language (no offense to anyone, it is extremely difficult yo get an answer when there is a language barrier) - and after about 25 mins of the run around she tells me there is a "conflict" in information that is a "technical" problem and I need to submit my SS Card and Drivers License to them so they can sort it out.

If I can answer every **bleep** question they toss out and me to verify myself, why do they need that sent to them???

On other MyFico threads Equifax has been reported doing strange things with credit reports. Example, they took many of my "Closed at Consumers Request" credit reports and now show them as open ... since I know they are such a pain (and there is a language barrier) it is not actually affecting my Fico Score with them so I have left the "sleeping dog to lay". In your case it is another of their ongoing ??? whatever it is? Best wishes and stay the course. They are just plain "STUPID"!!!

Message 2 of 11
tricie17
Frequent Contributor

Dinosaur, I second that.  Something is happening with equifax.  They are not even responding or updating.

Starting Score: 544
Current Score: 661
Goal Score: 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Equifax premier allows you to pull your credit report daily. However, when you get the error message they have to delete some of your own pulls to make room for more. Once it happens once, it will continue to happen every few weeks if your pulling your report daily. It will take a minimum of 10 days each time this happens to fix. 

Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Equifax premier allows you to pull your credit report daily. However, when you get the error message they have to delete some of your own pulls to make room for more. Once it happens once, it will continue to happen every few weeks if your pulling your report daily. It will take a minimum of 10 days each time this happens to fix. 

I find it amusing but not surprising someone here knows the problem and their own employees have no clue. Is there anyway to call them to have them fix this somehow? 

Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I find it amusing but not surprising someone here knows the problem and their own employees have no clue. Is there anyway to call them to have them fix this somehow? 

Yes, when you log onto your Equifax account, call the customer service number on the main page. It will take 7-10 days. 

Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Yep - also this has been the trigger for nearly all of my credit file mixes and splits.

Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry original poster about high jacking your thread but as I was resading it I wondered what can someone do to prevent this? I was checking mine once a day up until about two months ago. Now I average every 3 weeks or so. Do they periodically clean out your soft pulls so you dont get a spilt? Which now I am off to google as I seen that word used today in two threads so I wanna learn more about it.

Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Sorry original poster about high jacking your thread but as I was resading it I wondered what can someone do to prevent this? I was checking mine once a day up until about two months ago. Now I average every 3 weeks or so. Do they periodically clean out your soft pulls so you dont get a spilt? Which now I am off to google as I seen that word used today in two threads so I wanna learn more about it.

Your own soft pulls stay on for 12 months.

Message 9 of 11
Gidgetmom
Frequent Contributor

I have the Equifax daily plan also and luckily haven't had issues...yet.  However, it bothers me that they sell a product that allows daily pulls, but their system can't handle it.  Should be some sort of refund available for those affected, IMO.

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.