Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is going on with this?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

What is going on with this?

It feels super weird to be back here as I successfully "graduated" a number of years ago and have been living a happy life.

About 6 weeks ago I started receiving emails from Lexington Law. They were not promotional, however, rather transactional in nature. They refer to me by my correct first name and are allegedly fixing my credit (I have never engaged with them, am not currently paying them, and the things they are pointing out to me about my credit reports are accounts I have never had). Full disclosure, I pulled my free credit reports after the first email and verified that in fact these creditors are not in my reports at all.

I reported the emails as spam, and thought they were phishing or something.

To my surprise the emails keep on coming. I have done some Google sleuthing and it looks like they are some sort of credit repair agency, and you have to pay them a monthly fee to do this for you - however they are also notorious (like a collection agency) for saying you said things you didn't if you call them and try to talk to them.

What is the way to make them stop? Is someone stealing my identity? Should I get a lawyer to issue a cease and desist in the mail? Suggestions?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: What is going on with this?

Unsubscribe from the emails and screen shot it and if they continue due them for spamming to.

I got a nice $500 settlement offer this summer over a spam violation from a marketing company.

Sent them an ITs letter with small portion of my evidence and they sent an offer to avoid litigation.
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nice to know. There is not an unsub button though - which I know is against the law because I am a marketer myself. 

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

FIle pro se & use your state anti spam laws and collect enough to buy a nice gift for yourself.
Message 4 of 5
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

I would consider filing a formal complaint with the consumer protection division of your state office of the AG, or its equivalent state consumer regulatory agency.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.