cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is most important lesson you have taken from these fora?

tag
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

What is most important lesson you have taken from these fora?

For me, it is the Credit Utilization Fiasco. The fact that paying all my bills on time for two years with no bad marks was NOT the right way to go about things was quite an eye opener. Smiley Very Happy

The right way was to get obscene amounts of credit I did not need THEN do exactly the same as I was doing before.

OK, I admit that is a slightly cynical way of desribing it, but I bet the latter will raise my credit more in two months than the former did in two years. Smiley Very Happy

Message Edited by MidnightVoice on 05-26-2007 05:53 PM
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Re: What is most important lesson you have taken from these fora?

MidnightVoice wrote:
For me, it is the Credit Utilization Fiasco. The fact that paying all my bills on time for two years with no bad marks was NOT the right way to go about things was quite an eye opener. Smiley Very Happy

The right way was to get obscene amounts of credit I did not need THEN do exactly the same as I was doing before.

OK, I admit that is a slightly cynical way of desribing it, but I bet the latter will raise my credit more in two months than the former did in two years. Smiley Very Happy

Very good post, nice topic! 

1.) Learning the magic range with util being 1-9% 

2.) Also, how being an AU and having the primary cc holder's history added to my cr.  The impact is phenomenal
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

@MidnightVoice wrote:

This is exactly what they are making us do.
This is the primary/methodology topic on other boards I have been reading.
Message 3 of 4
smallfry
Senior Contributor

Pays to be a CW. Its fun collecting the plastic too. Number one has to be the utilization factor I would agree.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.