cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the best Savings Account offered right now?

tag
Peach8321
Frequent Contributor

Re: What is the best Savings Account offered right now?

I'll chime in with Ally Bank - I use and enjoy their service.  Free ATM use as well (they will refund) and easy transfers to/from my USAA accounts.  Rates are around 1% right now....so pretty typical.  They also have several CD products with low "Fees" if you break them early.

I would also recommend being wary of INGDirect USA for a little while, just to see how this selling/buying goes...

Current Scores: EQ: 740 (2/7/13)

Starting Score: 799
Current Score: 762
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 11 of 14
kelli1970
Contributor

Make sure you read all the fine print... For instance CapOne pays 1.1% only on balances over $1000 and 0 .1% on smaller balances.

Starting Score: TU 595 EQ 610 EX 601
Current Score: TU 683 EQ 661 EX 677
Goal Score: 710

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 12 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@kelli1970 wrote:

Make sure you read all the fine print... For instance CapOne pays 1.1% only on balances over $1000 and 0 .1% on smaller balances.

Good point. Someone told me to check out Google Advisor and that showed the conidtions to meet the interest & sure enough Capital one had the $1000 min under it!!

Message 13 of 14
UFGuy2006
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@kelli1970 wrote:

Good point. Someone told me to check out Google Advisor and that showed the conditions to meet the interest & sure enough Capital one had the $1000 min under it!!

Main reason why I like Google Advisor! All the caveats are displayed consistently across various products.

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.