cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the best credit report service? What do you use?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

What is the best credit report service? What do you use?

I am going to be buying the 3 in 1 credit report. I was wondering if one is far better than all others. I am sorry if this is a dumb question. I am new to the credit atmosphere.

I want to get a report that shows my scores for all 3 credit agencies. Which is the best? cheapest?

What does everyone use?

Thanks a bunch!

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: What is the best credit report service? What do you use?

I use this site . . It's not the cheapest but it's the most comprehensive.  You can also go to freecreditreport.com, but that won't give you scores (and you can only have one credit report from each bureau once a year).  Honestly, I think myfico.com is worth the investment (as you can see by how much my scores have improved).  I also have quarterly monitoring from TU through MyFico and monthly monitoring from EQ through MyFico.

If you want Experian though, you better hurry up and do it now through MyFico ($15.95) as EX won't give out FICO information starting Friday.

Go to the Products page here and compare the products to see where you get the most bang for your buck.

TrueCredit will also pull but you get FAKO scores.

Message Edited by lacedup2go on 02-11-2009 02:40 PM
Message 2 of 6
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Until recently I used TrueCredit and now use Creditchecktotal. I ignore the scores as they are not FICOs, but will look for changes and then I will pull from myFICO to see the score impact.
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@llecs wrote:
Until recently I used TrueCredit and now use Creditchecktotal. I ignore the scores as they are not FICOs, but will look for changes and then I will pull from myFICO to see the score impact.

@Anonymous that. But I preferred TC because you could see more than 2 years of history. If you sign up, make sure you do the 7 free day trial and before the 7 days is up, call and get 6 months @ $10/month.
Message 4 of 6
mamalawery
New Contributor

i use truecredit. they used to give you all 3 reports every time you updated, but now it's only TU that you can pull unlimited. however, truecredit is the only 1 that will give you all 3 scores once a month on the same day. i update my TU every 2 to 4 days. great for the price.
***I was an app addict, and I'm not ashamed to say it!***
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@mamalawery wrote:
i use truecredit. they used to give you all 3 reports every time you updated, but now it's only TU that you can pull unlimited. however, truecredit is the only 1 that will give you all 3 scores once a month on the same day. i update my TU every 2 to 4 days. great for the price.

Credit Check Total allows you to do what True credit used to. You can pull all 3 daily, with scores for $10 a month for the first 6 months. After that it's $20 a month, but hopefully I can get discounted again before my 6 months is up. If not, I'll probably just cancel since I have my house and will hopefully have a new CC to play with.
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.