cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the time that this account would fall off my EQ report?

tag
php111
Regular Contributor

What is the time that this account would fall off my EQ report?

Hey! Based on the below EQ account, when will be the fall off date for the Account to be removed from my Credit Report?

COI

Mar 12, 2012

Account Details

Last Reported Jun 06, 2015

Collection Agency COI

Original Creditor SPRINT

Status Open

Opened Date Mar 12, 2012

Closed Date --

Responsibility Individual Account.

Balance $693

High Balance $778

Remarks --

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: What is the time that this account would fall off my EQ report?

March 2019 or 6 months afterwards unless they sell it and the new owner reports it

Message 2 of 5
php111
Regular Contributor

Could it still be sold and than have it reappeared once it has fallen off?

Message 3 of 5
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

One cannot determine from the info given when the collection will become excluded from your credit report.

The single, date-certain that determines excludion of a collection is the date of your first delinquency in the most recent chain of any delinquencies on the OC account that iommediately preceded the collection.

The Open Date for a collection is simply the date they received collection authority, and is irrelevant to credit report exclusion.

The DoFD must, by definition preceded the date referred for collection.

Many commercial credit reports do not show the reported DOFD.  You can usually get it from your free annual report at annualcreditreport.com.

The CRA must exlcude the collection no later than 7 years plus 180 days from the DOFD.

They usually exclude at approx 7 years from DOFD, so once you obtain the DOFD, the exclusion date will most likely occur at 7 years thereafter.

Exclusion applies to any and all collections, regardless of when reported

Message 4 of 5
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

Don't wait for it to fall off.  Hit the Rebuilding subforum and carefully research what you can do to address it.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.