Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is this Collector doing?

tag
creditdemon
New Contributor

What is this Collector doing?

Hi, I am signed up for score watch - so I get alerts whenever something is added to my account.  For awhile I get an alert atleast once a week saying I have a new score watch alert.  I log in to check and it is the same alert from the same company for the same amount each time.  Do they keep dinging me? They are called "Pinnacle Financial Group" and I don't even have the faintest idea what this could be for.  Under "original creditor" it is a string of numbers and letters.   They kind of seem like total jerks by pinging my report atleast once a week for months, so I am afraid to even contac them to tell them I dont know what it is out of fear of harassment. Under the "collections" part of score watch under "credit alerts" they are listed 20 times!

Any advice on what I should do? Thank you so much for any advice

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Booner72
Senior Contributor

Re: What is this Collector doing?

I would send them a DV letter so you can at least find out what it is.  How much is it?  If you agree after they respond to DV, then PFD.  Good Luck.

(IDK why they do that other than they know it will get your attention sooner or later.  AFNI was doing that to me until that account was removed.  I just found out Nissan Infinity sends in the info every single month, also.  (The repo that was IIB).  The Nissan account is the only bk account left.)

STARTING: 11/24/10 EQ-584 EXP-648 TU04-595
CLOSED FIRST HOME 8/19/11 EQ-630 EXP-691 TU04-653
CURRENT: EQ-701 EXP-??? TU08-720
Message 2 of 4
Booner72
Senior Contributor

PS :  Harassment is good.  It means you can sue them for 1000.00.  Just put in your DV letter that you will only communicate with them via the mail to the address in your letter.

STARTING: 11/24/10 EQ-584 EXP-648 TU04-595
CLOSED FIRST HOME 8/19/11 EQ-630 EXP-691 TU04-653
CURRENT: EQ-701 EXP-??? TU08-720
Message 3 of 4
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Are they just pulling your CR and thus only entering new inquires, or have they also reported their collection to the CRA?

If they have reported to a CRA, then that is considered an intitial communication that triggers their requirement under FDCPA 809(a) to send you a formal collection (dunning) notice within 5-days of reporting to the CRA.  The intent of that statute is to provide you notice of their actions, and thus the ability to address concerns such as the ones you have, and to also request validation of the debt.  There should not be secret debt collectors once they have decided to intitiate collection activities.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.