Did you mean: 

What is vacate?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

What is vacate?

Hey all,

It's Eve.

I was talking to ladynred on edited and I told her how my bk7 was discharged and there is still a judgment on there from one of the OC's and that it was put on the same month that I filed.  She said that if this was included in the bankruptcy then I should ask the judge to vacate the judgment to have it removed.  How do I do this?  Is there a cost?

Thanks for your help.

--

Hey Eve - Please do not post links to credit repair sites. Thanks!

-Tusc

Message Edited by Tuscani on 07-02-2007 09:29 PM
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
SmartCookie
Valued Contributor

Re: What is vacate?

***I am not a lawyer, and only you and your lawyer are responsible for this matter***

That being said, if this was a no-asset Chapter 7 in which you named this creditor, your attorney should have done this.  You need to send a letter to the creditor (or its attorney) with copies of your Notice to Commence, Mailing Matrix, and Order of Discharge.  You will ask them to fix it and let them know that if it remains unfixed, you will ask for costs and sanctions back in Bankruptcy court.

You did name this creditor, correct?  I highly recommend giving your BK lawyer a call.

Message Edited by SmartCookie on 07-03-2007 11:37 AM
EQ 787 EX 781 TU 737 11/17/07 *** I am not an attorney. If I was, I might not clip coupons. If you want legal advice, consult an attorney. If you want my personal opinion, feel free to consider my posts***
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

My bad, Tuscani, didn't know about that... Now I know.  Sorry...

Eve
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good morning, Smart Cookie,

I did have this creditor listed and it was an no asset Chpt. 7.

I am going to mail them copies of what you suggested today.  Thank you very much.

Eve
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.