Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is what?

tag
LittleCat
Contributor

What is what?

I got a copy of my Transunion report and paid for a score, which came back as 654

I have Truecredit which lists it as 558

Through Myfico TU comes back as 585

I understand the whole fico/fako. But it makes no sense that TU would give out 2 different fako's. So if I apply for a CC and they pull TU, what credit score are they going to recieve?
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: What is what?

Did you pull TC and TU scores (frm TU) on the same day? I believe it is the same formula, so I thought.

CCs and other lenders use their own scoring formula; not all of them use FICOs or even TUs formula, for example.

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

It puts out 2 different fako's because it is 2 different scoring models. Save your money and only use
Myfico.com or
equifax.com for real FICO's

Myfico is the only one that will give you your real TU, EX and EQ FICO score period.

Equifax will only give you their real FICO score but WILL NOT give you the Fakos from TU and EX.

And most of the time banks and such only look at Equifax because they do use FICO.

Hope this helps.

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would also suggest do not bother with a credit card at TU of 585 from Myfico. Your Equifax is probably 10-20 points lower because they are so STINGY!.
You will have a lot of inquiries for no reason and lower your score more.

My fico from EQ is 16 points below TU and EX

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.