What is with the outsourcing.

** Original message deleted at poster's request **

Message Edited by TheNewWorldMan on 12-08-2007 06:19 PM
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: What is with the outsourcing.

I understand your frustration...but you're opening a can of worms. Please read sticky in Credit Cards regarding posting about foreign call centers.

Message Edited by TheCynicalOne on 11-22-2007 07:00 PM
Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Actually, the original post is fine...it simply reports an event, to wit, being called by someone from India. It's when posts include stereotypical images, or derogatory language or remarks about people from a specific country or ethnic group that moderation will come into play.

"I called my CCC's customer care, and got a rep in Rivendell who was rude to me and didn't speak good English" is acceptable.

"I hate talking to Rivendell, those people can't talk right and they're rude" is not.

Notice how the first simply relates an experience with a single individual and does not state or imply the negative qualities of that individual extend to others in his or her ethnicity. The second statement casts aspersions against an entire ethnic group or nationality.

Message Edited by TheNewWorldMan on 11-24-2007 01:22 PM
Message 3 of 10
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

EddieX wrote: ** deleted at OP's request **
The thing that is so easy to forget is that we consumers are not the CRA's customers; the creditors are their customers. There are some poorly-enforced laws meant to protect our rights, but really, the CRA's have no particular incentive under the current set-up to help us.

Message Edited by TheNewWorldMan on 12-08-2007 06:19 PM
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well, if they hired people with knowledge then they would have to pay them at that level.  If they can get it done cheaper (and no skin off there back if the standard answer to a rate reduction is 'no') then they make more money in the short term.  Any business (be it a CCC, CRA or a US NamePlate) will re-think when they start losing customers because of it, when they start getting a bad rep because of it, or it ceases to be cost-effective.

The consumer has tremendous power - we just don't utilitize it.

Message Edited by Lady_Scarlet on 11-24-2007 06:01 PM
Message 5 of 10
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Agree ABSOLUTELY!
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 6 of 10
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Trust me, I am fedup with TU support. I have sent a court certified document that the case is dismissed. They continue to report the judgment for the last 3 months, despite several letters I wrote and even the plaintiff atty wrote and even with a letter from court the case is dismissed due to a nonsuit from plaintiff. They keep telling the they are doing their own investigation. It is going on for 3 months. I am so mad, I am planning on initiating a law suit against TU. I think there is a limit for any thing. Even after sending a court certified document that the case is dismissed, I would think they would remove the judgment.
Message 7 of 10
Cooneyca
Regular Contributor

A little off topic, but many Indians have English names - remnants from colonization.  I deal with Susan Thomas, Matthew Smith. etc. all birth names, all very Indian.

EddieX wrote:
I don't get it. I call TU and get someone from India who is faking an American name and accent.

Message Edited by Cooneyca on 11-24-2007 05:46 PM
Jan 07: tu 498, ex 501, eq 504
Oct 07: tu 716, ex 712, eq 723
Nov 07: tu 693, ex 664, eq 672_post app frenzy
Message 8 of 10
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

I dont think there is any thing wrong in outsourcing operations. Many companies does it. I would prefer they use their real names and be proactive in helping with the issues than using a fake name and fake accent. It is not just TU, you call D&B, Dell, Walmart, Sams any of these companies they are answered by people from abroad with names and accent. There could not be that many Marks/ Tracy's/ Shanes in india working for so many companies at the same time. I dont find any thing wrong in people doing the honest work. It just bugs me when they use these false names and accents.
Message 9 of 10
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

I just want the CCC's and CRA's to put some money in their customer support. I don't care if I'm talking to Marvin the Martian, if he'll just listen, do some digging, and invest a little thought in why I'm calling.

I'm definitely talking to Americans when I'm calling WFN and Citi, and it doesn't do me a lick of good. Smiley Mad
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.