Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What just happened?!

tag
Jkrause702
Regular Contributor

What just happened?!

So my EQ FICO was bouncing around 615-620 and making quite the comeback since my ch7 last year.

I got a scorewatch alert a while ago that it had dropped 25 points because of updates to some student loan accounts...

according to scorewatch the changes were 

FEDLOAN SERVICING CREDIT
(XXXXXXXXXXXXX0004)
Show/Hide Details
Account opened: 5/2005
Description: Consumer disputes this account information
Student loan - payment deferred
 Previously reportedNewly reported
Balance:$1,141 
Past due:$0$0
Last activity:6/1/20147/1/2014
Description:Student loan - payment deferred

Consumer disputes this account information
Student loan - payment deferred

Confusing part is this... that account is right, I haven't disputed it. It shows always paid on time and in deferment. no lates. no negatives. Same with four other student loan accounts..and same changes showing on those alerts.

I had disputed some duplicate tradelines for US Dept of ED that were the same loans under the Direct Loans servicer that showed some 30,60,90,120 lates from before my bk and going back to school. Since I'm in deferment and should of been in the whole time I disputed those lates.

I pulled a fresh report and compared it to one from a few days ago and the disputed direct loans have been deleted, the whole tradelines.... so if all those six accounts were deleted with all their lates and mentions of bk then why did my score drop!?

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Jkrause702
Regular Contributor

Re: WHAT JUST HAPPENED?!

And I didn't even get an alert about the deleted accounts....

Message 2 of 9
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Re: WHAT JUST HAPPENED?!

@Jkrause702 wrote:

And I didn't even get an alert about the deleted accounts....

You won't unfortunately, SW doesn't track that.  Sadly.

As for it, disputes can discount tradelines from scoring; between that one and your removed accounts, do you have other open installment loans on your report?  That would account for a drop.

        
Message 3 of 9
Jkrause702
Regular Contributor

Re: What just happened?!

No that is my only installment is my student loans..... So if something is currently in dispute status it is not included in score calculations????

Message 4 of 9
Jkrause702
Regular Contributor

I'm all for the deleted ones being deleted. They aren't servicing them anymore and were not reported right. Though I am surprised the direct loans were deleted. Is it possible the duplicate between fed loan and direct loans were unknowingly increasing my Aaoa? Even though they were the same accounts?

Message 5 of 9
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@Jkrause702 wrote:
I'm all for the deleted ones being deleted. They aren't servicing them anymore and were not reported right. Though I am surprised the direct loans were deleted. Is it possible the duplicate between fed loan and direct loans were unknowingly increasing my Aaoa? Even though they were the same accounts?

Any tradeline regardless of duplication affects AAOA.  

Between that and the dispute, I'm not surprised you took a hit: yes a dispute can and often will discount a tradeline from scoring.  Likely when that dispute is resolved you'll gain some of them back for now having an open installment line.

        
Message 6 of 9
Jkrause702
Regular Contributor

Hmmm but I don't want those accounts disputed lol. I don't know if it was done by the bureau or the lender because of the duplicates I disputed or if I did it by accident... Nonetheless if I call and request the dispute to be cancelled would they undo that? I don't see a point in wasting the bureau or lenders time verifying everything is accurate when I know it is. Those are my strongest accounts with ten year history (even if a lot was in deferment)

Message 7 of 9
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@Jkrause702 wrote:
Hmmm but I don't want those accounts disputed lol. I don't know if it was done by the bureau or the lender because of the duplicates I disputed or if I did it by accident... Nonetheless if I call and request the dispute to be cancelled would they undo that? I don't see a point in wasting the bureau or lenders time verifying everything is accurate when I know it is. Those are my strongest accounts with ten year history (even if a lot was in deferment)

I would, though it's probably not much time these days but you'll want to get the dispute and remarks removed eventually.

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Mortgage-Loans/Best-Way-to-Remove-quot-Account-In-Dispute-quot-for-M...

        
Message 8 of 9
Jkrause702
Regular Contributor

Awesome thanks for the enlightenment... Another reason this place is amazing.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.