Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What kind of score increase can I expect

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

What kind of score increase can I expect

i have 8 hard pull inquiries that are going to be 2 years old in 3 days for which I am expecting them to fall off. That will put me at 6 inquiries on my experian credit report. Are those 8 inquiries affecting my score? Or are they too old to even be considered into my credit score? The reason they are all expiring on the same day is I applied for about 6 credit cards in one day, to not have a bunch of spread out inquiries. But anyways im hoping to see an increase in my score hopefully

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: What kind of score increase can I expect

@Anonymous wrote:

i have 8 hard pull inquiries that are going to be 2 years old in 3 days for which I am expecting them to fall off. That will put me at 6 inquiries on my experian credit report. Are those 8 inquiries affecting my score? Or are they too old to even be considered into my credit score? The reason they are all expiring on the same day is I applied for about 6 credit cards in one day, to not have a bunch of spread out inquiries. But anyways im hoping to see an increase in my score hopefully

Won't affect your Fico score at all.  After a year an inquiry has no effect on your score.  They can make a difference on a manual review for credit but won't change your score.

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Aslo, don't expect them to fall off your Experian score right at 24 months.  With Experian it usually takes an extra month for them to disappear from your reports.

Message 3 of 4
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

Inquiries are generally a small factor anyway despite the obsession over them.  Those who have thin and/or weaker credit profiles can see a bigger impact from inquiries but it's not really the inquiries themselves so much as the credit profile.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.