Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What next

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

What next

Here's my story,

problem- citimortgauge has attached a statement to my credit file stating I am on a partial payment plan and tanked my credit score.  see below.

Mortgage Account Citimortgage

Status as of [?] Aug, 2009 Date opened [?] Apr, 2004 Date of last activity [?] Jul, 2009 Date paid out [?] Not Reported Date closed [?] Not Reported Account number [?] X Loan type [?] Conventional Real Estate Mortgage Credit limit [?] Not Reported Largest past balance [?] $159,750 Terms [?] 360 Monthly Account Type [?] Mortgage Account Account holder [?] Individual Account Scheduled payment amount [?] $1,280
Descriptions [?]
  • Paying partial payment agreement

Balance [?] Current Status [?] Past Due Amount [?] $147,741 Paid or paying as agreed $0 Seven year payment history [?]
30 days late 0 times
60 days late 0 times
90+ days late 0 times Recent payment history
 [?]UnknownUnknownOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOK 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 2007 2008 2009 Legend: Unknown Unknown Current paid Currently paid as agreed Worst Delinquency [?]
Paid or paying as agreed

The Worst Delinquency reports the worst missed payment status that has been documented on this account. Your FICO® score evaluates how recently that missed payment occurred and in general, the more recent, the more impact it has on your score. However, the fact that it occurred is still predictive of future payment risk and could be considered by your FICO® score.

here's the whole story, back in june I contacted citi about a loan mod and had them send me the paper work. I decided I did not want to have a loan mod done, in the meantime they attached this statement to my credit file and cost me a 150 points.

since then I have talked to over 40 people at citi to get this removed and to have me dropped from the loan mod program. They all swear the problem is solved, but it,s not, I am still in the program even given the fact I have never given them any paper work.

I HAVE NEVER BEEN ON A PARTIAL PAYMENT PLAN AND I HAVE ALWAYS PAID THE FULL AMOUNT ON TIME.

I have disputed this 3 times and citi has updated the account twice and done a internal investigation and agree with me.

I am at a loose as to what to do next, I would prefer to get a lawyer to fix it at this point.

Any suggestions?

Message Edited by ezover on 09-10-2009 05:20 PM
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Lel
Moderator Emeritus

Re: What next

Tell them that you believe that an "AC" comment code is still being reported to the credit reporting agencies, and that it needs to be removed.

I assume that what you posted in from your TU report from myFICO.  I think it's saying that your payments are current through July 2009.  Is this correct?  The formatting is off on here.

Can you confirm that your payments are being properly applied to your mortgage?  That is, if you log onto your Citimortgage account, can you see your monthly principal balance going down every month?  If not, that means that your payments are being held in a suspense account, suggesting that you haven't been completely dropped from the modification program.

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

((Can you confirm that your payments are being properly applied to your mortgage?)) yes, my principle drops about 200 a month.

what is a "AC" comment code?

yes it is from TU, have to look again but i thought it read current until august 09.

Message 3 of 7
Lel
Moderator Emeritus

The AC code is what generates the "partial payment agreement" comment.  Starting this month, it will read as "Paying as part of partial or modified payment agreement" or something to that effect.

If you pull your score again next month and you see this change to your report, then you will know that the AC code is still being reported to the CRAs.  Maybe if you can be very specific to Citimortgage about what exactly is wrong, then they would be able to fix it.  Hopefully.  Please let us know how this all settles out; there are a growing number of people here who are seeing plummeting scores due to loan modifications. 

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

5 months later I got the issues resolved. What a nightmare.

I should have just went ahead and did the loan mod instead of turning it down.

after a 100 or so calls they sent me a letter stating they sent an electronic update to the 4 CB. and dropped me from the program.

equifax still had issues and had to do another dispute and it cleared up. Have not checked the fourth one, never heard of them innvso, ( or something like that).

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am happy for you.  What a nightmare indeed,  I am glad you got it sorted out.

Message 6 of 7
IOBA
Senior Contributor

Congratulations for sticking it out!
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.