Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What's that? 701???

tag
thankfulheart
Established Contributor

What's that? 701???

Mortgage broker called to tell me today that she pulled my credit to begin my app and my score was 701!  Still not sure which CB that is, but I'll take it considering where I started last September (568/586). Still have some hurdles with DTI and such, but it feels good to finally break into the 700s on at least 1 of my reports (I'm hoping that was the middle and it is on TWO!)

Key learnings:

1) do NOT ignore credit. Unlike wine, it does NOT get better with age.

2) Pay bills on time every time. If you cannot do this, you may have to make some life-changing decisions to get to where you can.

3) Consequences. Natural part of #s 1&2.  As much as your GW makes perfect sense in your head, you still blew it and may have to suck it up for 7 years.

4) Patience. This one has been key for me, fix-it-now-why-is-this-a-problem?  Some things cannot be fixed (see #3). The patience lesson has also been invaluable in other areas of my life including finances in general, my job, my children.

Starting Score: 10/1/2011 EQ 568 TU 593
Current Score: EQ 664 TU 700 EX 701 (FAKO)

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Re: What's that? 701???

@thankfulheart wrote:

Mortgage broker called to tell me today that she pulled my credit to begin my app and my score was 701!  Still not sure which CB that is, but I'll take it considering where I started last September (568/586). Still have some hurdles with DTI and such, but it feels good to finally break into the 700s on at least 1 of my reports (I'm hoping that was the middle and it is on TWO!)

Key learnings:

1) do NOT ignore credit. Unlike wine, it does NOT get better with age.

2) Pay bills on time every time. If you cannot do this, you may have to make some life-changing decisions to get to where you can.

3) Consequences. Natural part of #s 1&2.  As much as your GW makes perfect sense in your head, you still blew it and may have to suck it up for 7 years.

4) Patience. This one has been key for me, fix-it-now-why-is-this-a-problem?  Some things cannot be fixed (see #3). The patience lesson has also been invaluable in other areas of my life including finances in general, my job, my children.

Congrats on the rebuilding success and on breaking into the 700 club ~ great job !!  Smiley Happy

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 2 of 3
thom02099
Valued Contributor

Re: What's that? 701???

Congrats!  Welcome to the 700 club.  And it's possible you may have even more good news.  Mortgage brokers almost always pull all three reports, usually through Factual Data or one of the other compilation services for mortgages, and the Brokers almost always use the MIDDLE score.  So if this is the score your Broker gave you, it could be your MIDDLE score, meaning you've got one above and one below that 701 score!  I'd sure suggest you contact your Broker and find out exactly, as you may have 2 scores above that 700 mark! 

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.