cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What's the FICO limit for prime credit cards?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

What's the FICO limit for prime credit cards?

What is the minimum FICO score for prime credit cards. I have an Orchard and a Household Bank but the interest rates are really high.

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Re: What's the FICO limit for prime credit cards?

Zen wrote:
What is the minimum FICO score for prime credit cards. I have an Orchard and a Household Bank but the interest rates are really high.

What are your FICO scores (not FAKO)?  Are your credit reports free of negatives?  What are you credit limits and balances on each card?
Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

My FICOs right now are:

Ex -636
TU-635
E -636

I have a discharged bankruptcy but both of my credit cards are paid, and I've never had a late payment. Also I have a current car lease with a $4,200 balance, no late payments, and a car payment, with a $16K balance....also no late payments. My first lease 2001 to 2004, also had no late payments.

I also have two judgements that I am trying to figure out whether or not to pay. One is an old medical bill that was actually my mother's bill, but I was her power of attorney so they slammed me.
Message 3 of 11
Boswd
Valued Contributor

I hate to be bearer of bad news but in regards to your judgments, you don't have that option anymore of whether you choose to pay or not.   If you don't they can now legally garnish your wages, seize your bank account and your tax returns and now since they have the judgment , they won't give you a heads up that that is what they are going to do. You can realistically wake up one day and have nothing in your bank account.    So I think I would pay the judgments first then start rebuilding your credit, otherwise it can only get worse.
Message 4 of 11
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Zen wrote:
My FICOs right now are:

Ex -636
TU-635
E -636

I have a discharged bankruptcy but both of my credit cards are paid, and I've never had a late payment. Also I have a current car lease with a $4,200 balance, no late payments, and a car payment, with a $16K balance....also no late payments. My first lease 2001 to 2004, also had no late payments.

I also have two judgements that I am trying to figure out whether or not to pay. One is an old medical bill that was actually my mother's bill, but I was her power of attorney so they slammed me.

Your scores are not terrible but you have baddies.  Not sure if judgments can be removed with a PFD?  It is unlikely you will get a prime cc. 
Message 5 of 11
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

PFD does work for judgements.
Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

What is a PFD?
Message 7 of 11
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Zen wrote:
What is a PFD?

PFD means pay for deletion.  You agree to pay the debt and in return the creditor will delete any and all negatives they are reporting.  Whatever you do, GET A PFD IN WRITING BEFORE YOU PAY A PENNY!  GL
Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I guess I'm somewhat confused about the PFD with judgements.  I have a judgement on one of my CR's.  My ex sued me and one.  I paid the judgment within a month.  That said, she's not really a creditor nor is she "reporting" anything.  How do I go about having this judgement removed?  Do the courts report judgements to the CRA's?  If that's the case, would I send a PFD or Goodwill letter to the court, or is this treated like a bankruptcy and you just have to wait it out?
Message 9 of 11
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.