Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What's the best place for an auto loan?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

What's the best place for an auto loan?

I looked at whogavemecredit.com and capital one seems to give the best auto loan rate at 10.9% for my score range.  Somebody even said they went to lending tree and they were referred to Capital One.  Is there any better auto loans out there?

When I'm ready to buy I figure I'll do the carfax.com thing and maybe go to autocreditfinders.com.  Is there any better auto loans than capital one? 
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: What's the best place for an auto loan?

I had great luck with Capital One's Blank Check.  It was super easy and made me feel great being a "cash" buyer at the dealership!  They pull all three bureaus...
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

By blank check you mean who its wrote out to, right? Smiley Happy

I just realized if i get a blank check, I won't know how much the vehicle I buy will cost so the blank check must be for the amount of the car I decide to buy as long as its not over the loan amount.  That's really cool!

Message Edited by wondering on 10-08-2007 11:35 AM
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

They will preapprove you for a certain amount.  Then, based on the year of the vehicle, they will assign an APR % (the older the vehicle, the higher the rate).  When you do the application, you tell Cap 1 whether you want to buy from a dealer or person and they structure the loan accordingly.

Once approved, they will send you a blank check (looks like it's from your checkbook with your name/address) but it's drawn on Capital One Bank.  Most dealers are familiar with this process and shouldn't give you any trouble at all!  As long as you don't go over your preapproved amount, you're good to go!

Good luck.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.