Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What's the deal with Experian?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

What's the deal with Experian?

I disputed a few accounts online.  These are closed accounts from years ago that I've been trying to GW or dispute.  I got an email from Ex that the results were in.  Turns out, they "updated" my old auto loan account to reflect as though it's still open rather than closed years ago, and showed that my last payment was made this month!

I began yet another dispute and I had partial success.  They are now lumping all of my accounts (open and closed) together.  Is this their new format or is it just my report?
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

Re: What's the deal with Experian?

EX is the CRA from H E L L.

It makes the other two look wonderful  Smiley Very Happy
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I thought TU was the problem child.  

Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

"I began yet another dispute and I had partial success.  They are now lumping all of my accounts (open and closed) together.  Is this their new format or is it just my report?"

Can you please elaborate....what do you mean they are now lumping all of my accounts together?????
Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

BUMP
Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

The CRA's had been separating the "open" accounts from the "closed" accounts on my reports. They were on the same page, but distinctly grouped.   Now, all of my accounts, both open and closed accounts are listed together in one section. 

Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

they are toying with us.
Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

they are all problem children...but it seems people have more issues with EX then the other 2. My worst is TU, although it just went up 11 points--woo-hoo!
Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I really think they do this on purpose to "upset" us.

I have one they did everytrhing right except- marked it as "open"
Why? I have no idea. Zero balance mortgage "paid as agreed" "open"
Errrrr.

KDM wrote:
I disputed a few accounts online.  These are closed accounts from years ago that I've been trying to GW or dispute.  I got an email from Ex that the results were in.  Turns out, they "updated" my old auto loan account to reflect as though it's still open rather than closed years ago, and showed that my last payment was made this month!

I began yet another dispute and I had partial success.  They are now lumping all of my accounts (open and closed) together.  Is this their new format or is it just my report?

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.