Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What's with Equifax and not Removing Judgements

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

What's with Equifax and not Removing Judgements

I have a judgment that was included in bankruptcy.  I disputed this with Ex., and they just removed it.  Equifax says they will not remove it, but note it as having been inluded in bankruptcy.  What should I do?  As it it originally stood, it would have fallen off 2 years from now.  My bankruptcy was in 03, does this mean it will stay there until 2013 like my bankrupcy?

I have worked out a deal with a credit union that also had a judgement against me.  Firstly, I do not know how they were allowed to keep reporting it, when they approached me about reaffirming the debt stating that I woudl remain a member in good standing, yet, years later they would not remove the judgement.  I met with them this past week to offer to repay all of the original loan I owe.  I thought that would be about an extra $2000.00 or so.  It turns out that, if this guys math is right, it is just $500.00.  The catch is, however, he said they were not charging me interest over the past few years.  They are going to now charge interest and based on my currently low credit scores!  HAH!  

I wanted to do the right thing by them because they are a small community-based CU run by sociopolitical activists.  They really did help me when I was quite messed up.  Anyway, I was told that they would talk to their attorney to try to have the judgement removed.  Is there anyway that Equifax could block this?  Although this is a judgement from 2003, would having it removed improve my credit score?

Also, he said that they will close the loan I was paying on all this time, but they have not been reporting anyway.... Then open a new load with all of the interests and fees.  How do you think this new loan will affect my scores?

Thanks
Message 1 of 1
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.