Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What's your magic year?

tag
Rhaeny
Valued Contributor

Re: What's your magic year?

Early 2013 for all derogs and early 2014 for bk.  However I will wait until around September and dispute to see if I can get them off early Smiley Happy

Major CC's - Barclay's ($5.5K) | Barclay's Sallie Mae MC ($5K) | DCU ($7.5K) | Discover IT ($1.4K) | Genisys Visa ($1.4K) | NFCU Visa ($22K) | Navcheck ($15K) | Chase Freedom ($5K) | SDFCU Visa ($8K) | Amex BCP ($9.5K) | Amex Delta ($10K) |Store CC's| -Amazon ($4K) | Catherines ($850) | JCP ($4K) | Macy's ($1.7K) | Avenue ($850) | Victoria's Secret ($1.4K) | Walmart ($4.1K) | Paypal SC ($1.3K) | HSN ($2.5) | Sears ($2.6K) | Sams Club ($4.1K) |Goal|: Age with grace to 750 across the board |Last app|: 3/3/2014
Message 11 of 21
j_casteel
Valued Contributor

@Rhaeny wrote:

Early 2013 for all derogs and early 2014 for bk.  However I will wait until around September and dispute to see if I can get them off early Smiley Happy

Thats good...its almost over then!!

Seems for me that 2015 won't get here quick enough, but I'm learning that building and rebuilding credit just takes time. The payoff will be worth it. Of course, I could say that I should have never got myself in this situation, and won't use not being taught about money and credit while younger as an excuse. I was just flat out irresponsible with my spending habits, and that was it. In a way I'm almost glad (not happy) that this happened b/c I can learn from these experiences and grow from them. I now can teach my children and others what not to do, and what to do in order to maintain a healthy credit profile.

John

Learning from my past and rebuilding..

BK discharged 1/10/17
scores: EQ 659 | TU 630 | EX 659

QS 3.8K | WF 500 | Cabela's 3k | ACU 500 |

Message 12 of 21
thankfulheart
Established Contributor

2014 for the last 2 major derogs unless a GW hail Mary and letters to state reps payoff.  I have several lates on a mortgage from 2007 (GWed for removal of TL now that it's PIF) and a paid state tax lien, also from 2007 that I'm asking the state to follow the IRS and remove.  I would LOVE to have them gone before 2014, but if not, will accept it as consequences for not paying any mind when I should have. I will wait for my score to bounce and probably take my kids out to dinner to celebrate!

Starting Score: 10/1/2011 EQ 568 TU 593
Current Score: EQ 664 TU 700 EX 701 (FAKO)

Message 13 of 21
drkaje
Senior Contributor

@j_casteel wrote:

@drkaje wrote:

About a week. Last derog will fall off TU and all three will be clean.

Not applying for anything but it'll be nice to see the last one go. Smiley Happy

yes, that is definitely something to be excited for.

It's a 60 day late payment from 2005. 100% my fault.

My estimate is it'll be off Jul 10th. Smiley Happy

Starting Score: 675
Current Score: EX 753 FICO, EQ 737FICO, TU 738
Goal Score: 776 FICO

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 14 of 21
stan_the_man
Established Contributor

For DW, the magic doesn't start until December this year and goes pretty steadily through October 2015 (when the last baddie should drop).

The good news is that, despite the presence of 35 baddies (17 30 days,  7 60 days, 3 90 days, 3 120 days, 3 150 days, 1 180 days, and 1 CO), DW is currently at 729 EX , 732 EQ and 735 TU98.

Once they all drop, she's probably going to by in the 815-850 range -- 15 years of history, 11 years AAoA, single digit utilization, and a half-dozen clean installment loans (student loans and an auto loan).

Message 15 of 21
Rhaeny
Valued Contributor

@j_casteel wrote:

@Rhaeny wrote:

Seems for me that 2015 won't get here quick enough, but I'm learning that building and rebuilding credit just takes time. The payoff will be worth it. Of course, I could say that I should have never got myself in this situation, and won't use not being taught about money and credit while younger as an excuse. I was just flat out irresponsible with my spending habits, and that was it. In a way I'm almost glad (not happy) that this happened b/c I can learn from these experiences and grow from them. I now can teach my children and others what not to do, and what to do in order to maintain a healthy credit profile.

John

Yea thank goodness for the fact that the end is near!  The only issue for me is that I WILL need a car really soon.  I'm certain Mr. Hoopty won't make it much longer without sinking more money into it.  The car is 20 years old and is a ticking time bomb.  I'm trying to hold until I get my discharge papers hopefully by October (will be discharge in at the end of August).  But if my scores don't start rising soon I will be in hell's APR for a car.

Major CC's - Barclay's ($5.5K) | Barclay's Sallie Mae MC ($5K) | DCU ($7.5K) | Discover IT ($1.4K) | Genisys Visa ($1.4K) | NFCU Visa ($22K) | Navcheck ($15K) | Chase Freedom ($5K) | SDFCU Visa ($8K) | Amex BCP ($9.5K) | Amex Delta ($10K) |Store CC's| -Amazon ($4K) | Catherines ($850) | JCP ($4K) | Macy's ($1.7K) | Avenue ($850) | Victoria's Secret ($1.4K) | Walmart ($4.1K) | Paypal SC ($1.3K) | HSN ($2.5) | Sears ($2.6K) | Sams Club ($4.1K) |Goal|: Age with grace to 750 across the board |Last app|: 3/3/2014
Message 16 of 21
Scuba
Frequent Contributor

July 2015 but one or two lates will begin to fall off as early as Jan 2013 so I am looking forward to next year and every month thereafter for 2 1/2 years  Smiley Very Happy

Message 17 of 21
aussiesareforever
Established Contributor

January 2018. A long day coming but the BK will finally come off.

Cannot wait!

BK in January 2008---Barclay's Apple Financing Card ($10,000) --- Capital One Quicksilver ($13,000)--- Platinum Delta Skymiles ($35,000) --- GEMB CareCredit ($10,000) --- AUFCU ($10000)---Discover IT ($33,000)

Experian 835 Transunion 828-- August 2018
Message 18 of 21
j_casteel
Valued Contributor

@Rhaeny wrote:

@j_casteel wrote:

@Rhaeny wrote:

John

Yea thank goodness for the fact that the end is near!  The only issue for me is that I WILL need a car really soon.  I'm certain Mr. Hoopty won't make it much longer without sinking more money into it.  The car is 20 years old and is a ticking time bomb.  I'm trying to hold until I get my discharge papers hopefully by October (will be discharge in at the end of August).  But if my scores don't start rising soon I will be in hell's APR for a car.

I hear ya....i sold my $50k new diesel truck and trying to sell my new Harley as well. I think i'll be the only guy around that makes 6 figures a year and driving a car that cost less than $1k.

-John

Learning from my past and rebuilding..

BK discharged 1/10/17
scores: EQ 659 | TU 630 | EX 659

QS 3.8K | WF 500 | Cabela's 3k | ACU 500 |

Message 19 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think my magic year will be December 2013, I will retire after 20 years of faithful service in the United States Marine Corps and hopefully have everything paid off not including home but no other bills!  It's going to be a pivital time in my life at 38 years old!  I'm very proud to say that I've had the utmost privlage to serve with my fellow countrymen and women and it's very humbleing to see them shine and stand up for what we believe in. 

Message 20 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.