cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What scoring model does this site use for EX?

tag
SomeGuyOnTheWeb
Regular Contributor

What scoring model does this site use for EX?

I got curious and pulled my most recent EX credit score. It's a 771(!!!). My TU score from Discover is a 725 and EX from this site is a 701. 70 points seems like a gargantuan difference between two credit bureaus. I know both the EQ and TU scores are 08, but what about EQ?
EQ - 727
TU - 752
EX - 774
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
user5387
Valued Contributor

Re: What scoring model does this site use for EX?

@SomeGuyOnTheWeb wrote:
I got curious and pulled my most recent EX credit score. It's a 771(!!!). My TU score from Discover is a 725 and EX from this site is a 701. 70 points seems like a gargantuan difference between two credit bureaus. I know both the EQ and TU scores are 08, but what about EQ?

Are you saying that you're comparing your EX 08 (this site) with your EX FAKO (Experian site)?

If so, these are different scoring models (formulas), and won't match each other.

Message 2 of 5
SomeGuyOnTheWeb
Regular Contributor

Oh, no. Sorry. I meant to say my EQ from this site is a 701 (autocorrect is a *****). I pulled my EX from this site and it came in as a 771. I was asking if this site uses the 08 model for EX like it does for EQ and TU. The fact that it was so high shocked me.
EQ - 727
TU - 752
EX - 774
Message 3 of 5
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@SomeGuyOnTheWeb wrote:
70 points seems like a gargantuan difference between two credit bureaus.

Is the data identical?  Other threads seem to indicate that it was Beacon 5.0 but recently changed.

Message 4 of 5
SomeGuyOnTheWeb
Regular Contributor

@takeshi74 wrote:

@SomeGuyOnTheWeb wrote:
70 points seems like a gargantuan difference between two credit bureaus.

Is the data identical?  Other threads seem to indicate that it was Beacon 5.0 but recently changed.

No. My EX shows one hard inquiry (I think my apartment complex ran a HP, which I was unaware of) and it doesn't show my 90 day late from nearly four years ago. Other than those two things, everything else is the same.

EQ - 727
TU - 752
EX - 774
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.