cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What scoring model for boat loan? Req loan?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

What scoring model for boat loan? Req loan?

Does anyone know what boat loans or if that would fall under a req loan. Which scoring model they pull? Is it the same as auto? I can't seem to find that one. And would each place pull the same type of model? I.e.. dealership vs credit union ?
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Credit_hawk
Established Contributor

Re: What scoring model for boat loan? Req loan?

You've given me a headache just thinking about buying a boat. Think long and hard about that one lol.

FICO- Experian: 797, TransUnion: 781, Equifax: 804 (Updated Monthly)
Message 2 of 4
thom02099
Valued Contributor

They are similar to loans for recreational vehicles, ie, motor homes, trailers, and 5th wheels.  They are considered luxury items and loans on them may carry a higher interest rate...or not, depending on your financial situation and how much you would be able to put down.   Google "essex loans boats" and you'll see one of the better sources for getting such a loan.  Essex works with Bank of the West, so if there is one near you, you could probably go directly through Bank of the West for a boat loan at a reasonable interest rate.  Essex is very good and easy to work with, they are who I financed my trailer through when I bought it.   You could call and talk to them, just ask them your specific questions.  You'll get straight answers from them. 

At the time I bought my trailer, Essex used the Auto score and they pulled all 3 bureaus.  They may or may not be doing this still.  My scores at that time were in the 720-740 range, IIRC. 

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

@tom. Thank you for your reply I appreciate it. I am in Florida so I'm not sure but I will look into that. So typically I'm guessing most places use auto scoring then ? Hmm I will have to call around I suppose
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.