Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What should I do....I have the proof I need

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

What should I do....I have the proof I need

A few years ago I became ill and placed my student loans in forbearance.  One small loan $800 with AES was never placed in forbearance.  I didn't discover this for months.  And when I did they back dated the info, but refused to remove the deliquency.  Up until last night, I could not find the proof I needed to verify my request for the forbearance.  It was always my word against theirs.

However, I am in the process of moving and my BETTER half said...NO MORE PACK RAT...you save everything!!!!  So I was going through old things trying to force myself to throw something away.  And there is was...the fax confirmation and orginal request stapled together and placed back in the envelope.  So what should I do?

1. Just send the request/confirmation to AES and trust them to remove the delinquency?
2. Send it to AES but also send it to the 3 CRA's?
3. FILE SUIT?  *okay...I am bitter about this*

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
sl
Established Contributor

Re: What should I do....I have the proof I need

If you have the proof, I would send to the OC and also I would dispute online with all three agencies.
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

make sure to send it CMRRR for proof they received it.
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

jaguls66 wrote:
make sure to send it CMRRR for proof they received it.

Make sure it's a COPY that you send... So if this happens again you'll still have the proof source to follow up.

And get a file cabinet.. Smiley Tongue

Rob
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

LOL!!!  I sure will.  It was in a box for the longest
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.