07-13-2007 03:46 PM
07-13-2007 05:10 PM - edited 07-13-2007 05:11 PM
07-13-2007 06:04 PM
07-13-2007 11:10 PM - edited 08-07-2007 01:35 PM
..... can some please send me an example of a letter to send to the CA and not the CRAs.Thanks a Bunch!!
Here's one.... there are probably better out there, do a search for "DV"
Scumbag collection agency
PO Box 3427
Bloomington, IL 61702
July 9, 2007
Re: your name account # 010101010
To whom it may concern:
I am in receipt of your letter dated 07/07/07. In an attempt to validate this debt, I must demand proof of this debt, specifically the alleged contract or other instrument bearing my signature, as well as proof of your authority in this matter. Absent such proof, you must correct any erroneous reports on my Trans Union, Experian, and Equifax credit reports of this past debt as mine.
I must ask you to provide the following information:
1. Please evidence your authorization under 15 USC 1692(e) and 15 USC 1692(f) in this alleged matter.
2. What is your authorization of law for your collection of information?
3. What is your authorization of law for your collection of this alleged debt?
4. Please evidence your authorization to do business or operate in this city and state.
5. Please evidence proof of the alleged debt, including specifically the alleged contract or other instrument bearing my signature.
6. Please provide a complete account history, including, all statements, records of all activity, payments from me, collection attempts, and any charges added for collection activity. In short, any and all documentation pertaining to the account you hold in my name.
7. Date on record in which I closed this account.
8. Date on record in which I became delinquent on this account.
You have thirty (30) days from receipt of this notice to respond. Your failure to respond, on point, in writing, hand signed, and in a timely manner, will work as a waiver to any and all of your claims in this matter and that this matter is permanently closed. Provide the proof, or correct the record and remove this invalid debt from all sources to which you may have reported it to.
For the purposes of 15 USC 1692 et seq., this notice has the same effect as a dispute to the validity of the alleged debt and a dispute to the validity of your claims. This Notice is an attempt to correct your records, and any information received from you will be collected as evidence should further action be necessary. This is a request for information only, and is not a statement, election, or waiver of status.
At this time I will also inform you that if your offices have reported invalidated information to any of the 3 major Credit Bureau’s (Equifax, Experian or TransUnion) this action might constitute fraud under both Federal and State Laws. Due to this fact, if any negative mark is found on any of my credit reports by your company or the company that you represent I will not hesitate in bringing legal action against you for the following:
Violation of the Fair Credit Reporting Act
Violation of the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act
Defamation of Character
(do not list your phone number)
Forums posts are not provided or commissioned by FICO. Forums posts have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by FICO. It is not FICO's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
* For complete information, see the terms and conditions on the credit card issuer’s website. Once you click apply for this card, you will be directed to the issuer’s website where you may review the terms and conditions of the card before applying. While myFICO always strives to present the most accurate information, we show a summary to help you choose a product, not the full legal terms - and before applying you should understand the full terms of products as stated by the issuer itself.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more
FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.