Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What should I do...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

What should I do...

I received a letter in the mail from a CA in April asking me to pay off the debt I owe of $110.23. I had other things to worry at that time and decided not to do anything at all. Now its July and I just checked all three of reports and haven't seen any CO from this CA appear on my account yet. How many days does it usually take for a CA to report CO onto your credit report? Should I call and ask to speak with a manager and request a letter be sent to my address stating that if I pay the debt I owe the CA will not report anything negative on my credit report? Should I ask if they had reported anything bad on my credit report yet? What are the steps I should approach? I rather pay this off ASAP and have nothing reported at all.

Message Edited by Gohan1 on 07-04-2007 06:12 PM
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
score_is_497_hehe
New Contributor

Re: What should I do...

I'm not an expert, and very very new here, but from what I've read, if you send them certified mail for Validation of the Dept they will not be able to report anything for about 1 additional month, this will buy you time you need to figure out what to do. Do a search here for dept validation letter and make sure you write in there that *you do not acknowledge* validity of the dept by sending this request. There is slight chance that they'd not reply to you within 1 month as required by law or will not send you reply in correct format which will in turn require them to delete any info about it on your Credit report if there is any and if there is no reports from them on your credit report they will not be allowed to report anything after that.
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am new also but I believe that it is the CO that turns or sells the debt to a CA . The OC is the one that reports to CRA. If you are way behind or they CO then they turn it over to a CA not before.
This is what it sounds like to me.
I have a CO from a CCC. The CCC turned or sold it to a CA. The CA then can notify the CRA.
What I have done is dispute it with the CRA first. I am waiting to hear back on this. BUT I know that the CA is on my report & that it is an oldie.

You will get more info. from others that knew a lot more then me!

check out 

Message Edited by HappyDays on 07-04-2007 07:44 PM
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Gohan1 wrote:
I received a letter in the mail from a CA in April asking me to pay off the debt I owe of $110.23.
I rather pay this off ASAP and have nothing reported at all.

Paying a chargeoff or collection will NOT keep it off your CRs.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.