Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What should I say to Exxon and Citgo

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

What should I say to Exxon and Citgo

They are not reproting my accounts (exxon opened 11/2006, Citgo 9/2007)... I'm losing $1200 in CL with low util on these cards.  I know if I missed  a payment it would be on the day after the statement cuts!  Very frustrated with them...

TIA
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: What should I say to Exxon and Citgo

Can you call them and ask that they report?

I had financed furniture and to help my credit out, I asked them if they would report it. They said they usually wouldn't report payments, but since I asked them to, they were nice enough to do so.

Since they are charge cards, I don't see why they would have a problem to report. They pulled your credit when you applied for them so it only seems fair they should report your timely payments. I know they would waste no time if you were late just once. Funny how they are like that.
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

What stef said. But I'd call them and ask them WHY your accounts have not been reported to the CRA's. That's just plumb silly.
Message 3 of 5
cobra19
Valued Contributor

Exxon/Mobil plans to resume reporting in January - they claim. Although, today is already the 28th. They have not been reporting for a few months due to some internal enhancement changes.

Don't know about Citgo. 
New York Yankees - 2009 World Series Champions. 27... and counting.....
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've called twice (October and December).  Exxon delay was due to Citi getting the accounts (and all the changeover with cards etc) from GEMB.  Don't know the reason for Citgo but they told me January (and my statements cut mid month for both).  $1250 in CL not showing (and that isn't fair).  Chevron reprots every 60 so I just $0 it the month it will reprot (at least they ARE reproting).  I KNOW that if I missed a payment there would be no delay... Exxon is one of my oldest accounts - affecting average age for me.

IF it ever gets on my reports It should help score somewhat (or so I am hoping) because many of my cards are under 12 months.  Another 10 months and everyone of them will be 1 year old or better... yes I did go app crazy (but all will age together and only 3 have fees  (CAP1, HSBC & BBMC) - so all the no fee ones are keepers for the age anchor.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.