Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What sort of letter should I send...

tag
Jena
New Visitor

What sort of letter should I send...

Yesterday I got my free report from experian and they soo many variations of my name thaat are so wrong... they spell first name WAY OFF.. they have my middl name as my first and second middle name as my last name, my last is spelt wrong, etc. Also they have soo many OLD and WRONG addresses.....

I want them to change that, and I'm sure my other reports have different variations of my name and address. So I'm thinking i should write a letter to them, but what exactly should i say? And sample letters for this out there? Thanks!
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: What sort of letter should I send...

Name variants won't hurt your score.

EX is a beast for keeping wrong names and addresses. You might have to call them up, talk with one of their humans (or a reasonable facsimilie thereof), and see about getting invalid name variants corrected.

Results may vary. If one's name is Robert, then they might not delete Robby, Bobby, Rob or Bob. However, they'll probably delete Phil.

At the very least, they will tell you which creditor is reporting you as Rob or Bob or Phil, and you can then get the creditor to fix it on their end. That can be a lot easier than getting EX to move, short of suing 'em.
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: What sort of letter should I send...

Noah s correct, I dont think it will hurt you, however I am insane anyways so I have been cleaning it up Smiley Happy Here is what I used and got everything I needed taken care of.

NAME
ADDRESS
CITY,STATE ZIP

Equifax, TU, Experian
Address
City, State, Zip

DATE

To Whom It May Concern:

I am trying to clean up all of my credit reports and need to get my Personal Profile Information updated. Below you will find all my current that I would like changed.

Could you please complete your investigation in the 30 days from the time you receive my dispute letter, and either have it verified, corrected or deleted from my report.

Items being reported on my credit incorrectly: -- I put this in bold
Date of Birth:
Names: I had a LOT but did 5-10 each time
Current Address: A LOT also, take your time
Past Address: Varies
Current Employer:
Past Employer:

Please change the incorrect information to read as follows: -- I put this in bold
Date of Birth:
Names: I had a LOT but did 5-10 each time
Current Address: A LOT also, take your time
Past Address: Varies
Current Employer:
Past Employer:

Documents enclosed as proof: -- I put this in bold
1. Valid CA Drivers License (or whatever you have to prove the above)

Thank you for your cooperation in advance.

Sincerely,

NAME

Also as a side note, unless there is some major documentation, I keep my main dispute letters to 1 page only. Too much and they may blow a fuse Smiley Happy lol
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.