Did you mean: 

What the.....?

tag
Berk
Established Contributor

What the.....?

Woke up to this alert this morning:

Dear,

You're $200.00 away from exceeding your Simplicity credit limit.

Financial Institution:Citibank  (US) - Credit Card
Account Name:Simplicity
Account Number: 
Balance Date:4/18/2016
Balance:$59.66
Credit Limit:$7,400.00
FICO® Score impact:To minimize impact to your FICO Score, maintain your credit utilization level within 30% - 40%.

Yep, $59.66 + $200.00 = $7400.00 every time.

And, no, I don't have any pending charges on this card. I checked this morning. 4 times.

What the....?

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: What the.....?

Call and ask? 

Unless you have a alert setup for spendnig a certian amount? No idea really. Its all I can think of.

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Maybe they CLD'd and the limit shown hasn't updated yet?

Message 3 of 7
Berk
Established Contributor

Except that I didn't request a CLD - not that they need my permission mind you and I hardly ever use the card. In fact, I would love to move the limit on this card to my TYP - except Citi doesn't do that either. Nope, with a hard pull I can request a decrease on my Simplicity and see if I can get an increase on my TYP. Not worth the hard pull considering that I have reached my soft pull exposure with Citi so every CLI request will come with a hard pull whether granted or not.

Message 4 of 7
KSK1912
Valued Contributor

@Berk wrote:

Except that I didn't request a CLD - not that they need my permission mind you and I hardly ever use the card. In fact, I would love to move the limit on this card to my TYP - except Citi doesn't do that either. Nope, with a hard pull I can request a decrease on my Simplicity and see if I can get an increase on my TYP. Not worth the hard pull considering that I have reached my soft pull exposure with Citi so every CLI request will come with a hard pull whether granted or not.

That's BS. Appearantly they don't let you move neither up nor down without a HP. By the way, where does your user name  come from if you don't mind me asking?

6/14/15: Equifax 576 Experian 542 Transunion 571
8/17/15: Equifax 626 Experian 619 Transunion 622
9/28/15: Equifax 655 Experian 636 Transunion 641
11/11/15: Equifax 698 Experian 687 Transunion 672
Short Term Goal Score: 720 Across the board

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Are you free Tuesday..?
Message 5 of 7
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@Berk wrote:

Except that I didn't request a CLD

You don't have to request one if a creditor is taking adverse action.

As stated above, call and ask.  We can speculate endlessly.  It may be nothing -- a temporary system glitch or something similar.  Or it could be adverse action based on recent activity with your credit profile.  Or it could be something else entirely.  We're not Citi and we cannot confirm for you.

Message 6 of 7
Berk
Established Contributor

Update.

I am assuming it was just a MyFico glitch. Citi has no record of any AA, my credit limit is the same as it has always been, and I have no new or pending charges. 

Apparently, Mondays don't just affect us humans.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.