Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What time of day for updates?

tag
Gunnar419
Valued Contributor

What time of day for updates?

Is it possible to figure out what time of day various lenders report to the CRAs? Or what time of day CRAs are most likely to update information that's been reported to them?

I realize this sounds like a real OCD credit question, but now that CK allows updates only once a week, I want to be sure that I don't log in too early to miss an update.

For those who are going to object that CK doesn't give REAL scores, I know that. I just use it to check my TU and EQ reports. However, I do a weekly accounting of my credit status, including balances, number of inquiries, etc. and though I usually do this around noon on Friday I want to be sure I have up to date information.

I have CK set up to notify me by email of changes in my credit, but for some reason that function has never worked, even though they have my correct email address.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: What time of day for updates?

@Gunnar419 wrote:

Is it possible to figure out what time of day various lenders report to the CRAs? Or what time of day CRAs are most likely to update information that's been reported to them?

No on both.
Message 2 of 3
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

Re: What time of day for updates?

Not really.  Why do you need better resolution than one day?  As it is, the time it takes for CRA's up update can and does vary.

@Gunnar419 wrote:

I realize this sounds like a real OCD credit question, but now that CK allows updates only once a week, I want to be sure that I don't log in too early to miss an update.

CK has been once a week for a long time.  Some have experienced more frequent updates but that is not the norm.  It doesn't matter if you log in too early.   If you do so, just log in later.

@Gunnar419 wrote:

I usually do this around noon on Friday I want to be sure I have up to date information.

Noon shouldn't be a problem.  Logging in at the wee hours (midnight and up to several hours after) PST is potentially too early.  Noon will get you whatever is avaialble.  I check around 7am CST and CK never has problems updating.

@Gunnar419 wrote:

For those who are going to object that CK doesn't give REAL scores

Always consider your sources.  Those that rely on real/fake are oversimplifying.  There are creditors that use Vantagescores.

@Gunnar419 wrote:

I realize this sounds like a real OCD credit question

It's obsessive but it's not OCD depsite how much people misuse OCD.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.