Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What to attack next??

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

What to attack next??

I recently attacked my accounts and paid off about $4000 in credit Debt, my EQ score went up 23 points to 595,  I am now left with the following bills

Student Loan $1800 ( I pay 212 a month)

Chase Credit Account Balance $1500 new monthly payment is $80 a month (Balance used to be almost $5000)

Target Card $720 Balance I pay them about 100 a month

Also I have 3 accounts that apparently went to collections when I was unemployed in 2004, one is $660, $520 and the other $85, I have written PFD letters and have not heard anything back…so I guess my question is what should be my next moves? Should I pay more debt completely off? Or is it best to keep making timely payments on the three open accounts? Also assuming I do not hear anything from my PFD efforts how positive will the results be when I pay off the collection accounts?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: What to attack next??

tearawayface wrote:

Chase Credit Account Balance $1500 new monthly payment is $80 a month (Balance used to be almost $5000)

What are your limits on the above cards?
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

tearawayface wrote:

I recently attacked my accounts and paid off about $4000 in credit Debt, my EQ score went up 23 points to 595,  I am now left with the following bills

Student Loan $1800 ( I pay 212 a month)

Also I have 3 accounts that apparently went to collections when I was unemployed in 2004, one is $660, $520 and the other $85, I have written PFD letters and have not heard anything back…so I guess my question is what should be my next moves? Should I pay more debt completely off? Or is it best to keep making timely payments on the three open accounts? Also assuming I do not hear anything from my PFD efforts how positive will the results be when I pay off the collection accounts?

What is the min. payment on your SL?

List you collections   with dates  DOFD/DOLA

What is you SOL?

Always DV a CA  before a PFD                 If the OC is reporting  and the OWN the account  PFD them before doing anything with the CAs
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Limit on CHase card is 5000, limit on target card is 1000, minimum student loan payment is 210.17..not sure where do I find the other dates for the collections??
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

tearawayface wrote:
Limit on CHase card is 5000, limit on target card is 1000, minimum student loan payment is 210.17..not sure where do I find the other dates for the collections??

On your credit reports.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.