Credit Card Center Advertiser Disclosure

Reply
Member
Posts: 9
Registered: ‎08-08-2007
0 Kudos

What to attack next??

I recently attacked my accounts and paid off about $4000 in credit Debt, my EQ score went up 23 points to 595,  I am now left with the following bills

 

Student Loan $1800 ( I pay 212 a month)

Chase Credit Account Balance $1500 new monthly payment is $80 a month (Balance used to be almost $5000)

Target Card $720 Balance I pay them about 100 a month

 

Also I have 3 accounts that apparently went to collections when I was unemployed in 2004, one is $660, $520 and the other $85, I have written PFD letters and have not heard anything back…so I guess my question is what should be my next moves? Should I pay more debt completely off? Or is it best to keep making timely payments on the three open accounts? Also assuming I do not hear anything from my PFD efforts how positive will the results be when I pay off the collection accounts?

Established Contributor
Posts: 837
Registered: ‎02-27-2008
0 Kudos

Re: What to attack next??



tearawayface wrote:

Chase Credit Account Balance $1500 new monthly payment is $80 a month (Balance used to be almost $5000)

Target Card $720 Balance I pay them about 100 a month



What are your limits on the above cards?
FEB '08 FAKOs: TU 628 | EX 650 | EQ 584
JAN'09 FAKOs TU 686 | EX 705 | EQ 664
EQ FICO: FEB '08 646 | APR '08 678 | SEP '08 679
Moderator Emeritus
Posts: 7,326
Registered: ‎06-18-2007
0 Kudos

Re: What to attack next??



tearawayface wrote:

I recently attacked my accounts and paid off about $4000 in credit Debt, my EQ score went up 23 points to 595,  I am now left with the following bills

 

Student Loan $1800 ( I pay 212 a month)

Chase Credit Account Balance $1500 new monthly payment is $80 a month (Balance used to be almost $5000)

Target Card $720 Balance I pay them about 100 a month

 

Also I have 3 accounts that apparently went to collections when I was unemployed in 2004, one is $660, $520 and the other $85, I have written PFD letters and have not heard anything back…so I guess my question is what should be my next moves? Should I pay more debt completely off? Or is it best to keep making timely payments on the three open accounts? Also assuming I do not hear anything from my PFD efforts how positive will the results be when I pay off the collection accounts?



What is the min. payment on your SL?
 
List you collections   with dates  DOFD/DOLA
 
What is you SOL?
 
Always DV a CA  before a PFD                 If the OC is reporting  and the OWN the account  PFD them before doing anything with the CAs
Member
Posts: 9
Registered: ‎08-08-2007
0 Kudos

Re: What to attack next??

Limit on CHase card is 5000, limit on target card is 1000, minimum student loan payment is 210.17..not sure where do I find the other dates for the collections??
Moderator Emeritus
Posts: 11,562
Registered: ‎08-29-2007
0 Kudos

Re: What to attack next??



tearawayface wrote:
Limit on CHase card is 5000, limit on target card is 1000, minimum student loan payment is 210.17..not sure where do I find the other dates for the collections??



On your credit reports.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Free Annual Reports, Freq. Requested Threads, 5 Things We Don't Talk About, Common Abbreviations, Where do I start?, State Resources

Forums posts are not provided or commissioned by FICO. Forums posts have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by FICO. It is not FICO's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.

† Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
‡ Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on internal myFICO analysis of actual applicant approvals, and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range. These ranges were not provided by any card issuer.

* For complete information, see the terms and conditions on the credit card issuer’s website. Once you click apply for this card, you will be directed to the issuer’s website where you may review the terms and conditions of the card before applying. While myFICO always strives to present the most accurate information, we show a summary to help you choose a product, not the full legal terms - and before applying you should understand the full terms of products as stated by the issuer itself.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.