cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What to do about this collection on my EQ?

tag
kelly73099

What to do about this collection on my EQ?

I'm new to this and a little lost. What do I do about this collection that has no information for me to verify??

Will it hurt me if I dispute it to EQ?

"Collection on debt to: Not Reported

The collection agency "625yc00000" was hired to collect a debt of $191 originally owed to "Not Reported" on account number "XXXXXXX8523"."

Message Edited by kelly73099 on 03-16-2008 08:40 PM
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: What to do about this collection on my EQ?

Did you get your CR from this site?

I'd suggest getting your CRs from www.annualcreditreport.com (1 free one from each CRA per year) and it should list the complete information.

You can also call the CRA that this is reported on and ask them for the information concerning account # _____________

Just make it clear that you are not disputing information........only getting additional information.
Message 2 of 7
kelly73099

@Anonymous wrote:
I'd suggest getting your CRs from www.annualcreditreport.com (1 free one from each CRA per year) and it should list the complete information.
You can also call the CRA that this is reported on and ask them for the information concerning account # _____________
Just make it clear that you are not disputing information........only getting additional information.

Yes, I got it here. I already got my free reports for this year and I can't match this amount to anything on them, but they are several months old. The other collection accounts on the EQ report I got here have details, but this one doesn't.

Thanks for the response, I'll try calling.

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have found that mine from here that show like that are the medical ones or the ones from CA that do collect for medical debt as well. Let me pull mine up and look at it again real quick.

@kelly73099 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Yes, I got it here. I already got my free reports for this year and I can't match this amount to anything on them, but they are several months old. The other collection accounts on the EQ report I got here have details, but this one doesn't.

Thanks for the response, I'll try calling.

Message 4 of 7
Schoolbuskid
Valued Contributor

If you dont know or cant tell what or who this debt is from then i would dispute it as "not mine".
Rebuilding and Reducing Debt, is my game plan.
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I only get my TU here and I have no med collections on it. But I do believe that med collections show up like that.

Call the CRA reporting the account and tell them the account # and ask them who the CA reporting it is and who the OC listed is and all the information you are needing. Just make it clear to them that it is not a dispute.

sidewinder wrote:
I have found that mine from here that show like that are the medical ones or the ones from CA that do collect for medical debt as well. Let me pull mine up and look at it again real quick.

Message 6 of 7
Junejer
Moderator Emeritus

Do you have your EX & TU reports from here as well? Perhaps you can cross-match the dollar amounts and dates to an actual creditor. EQ seems to do that on the myfico reports. I was able to match up a couple like this for my sister.

Starting Score: 469
Current Score: 849
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.