Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What to do about unpaid co that you can pay

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

What to do about unpaid co that you can pay

my dh has a co to alltel. At the time we were going threw a hard time and we didn't think that we were not going to pay. My dh was also living out of town we he got the phone. He gave them a change of address when he move back to town. They did bill our last bill at our home address but nothing else. Now they say they only had the out of town address that was a p.o. box he had. They were sending the bills there. We never got any other bills. They now say that they have sold it cbcs a ca. This alltel shows up every 2 weeks on his credit watch. They are saying it is not them it does say alltel. They say they sold it so they can't do that now.cbcs is saying it is not them as well. We can pay this bill now.  It would have been nice if we would have got a bill because I would have pay it little bit at a time. I had tried to pay on line but the account had been closed and it wouldn't let me. I didn't know where to send money. I should say there is nothing being said about cbcs on his credit. I want this to come off of his credit but not sure how to go about it.
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: What to do about unpaid co that you can pay

It doesn't matter if you received a bill or not!  Is this for a cell phone?  what is your SOL?

Check the CR for the DOFD/DOLA  and the drop date.You can use the drop date to get close to your SOL.

When did you last pay on this debt?

Usually a creditor doesn't sell a debt for awhile after it was COd. But once it is sold then you can not pay the OC.

As to your 2nd post that was answered by llecs.    She gave you a link to PFD

IMO  you should always DV before thinking about a PFD!

Message Edited by HappyDays on 10-07-2008 05:17 PM
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: What to do about unpaid co that you can pay

I don't understand what a dv is. I know it is debt validation. But I don't know what that is. I am going to guess that they are to send me a validation of the debt , like a bill? Is that right or is it something else? The last time it was paid was awhile ago. I would guess 2004 or it could have been 2005 . I could look at a few thing to rethink history to know for sure. This was a very stressful time in our lives so I'm not 100% sure. Also if I should move this post I will just let me know. I am thinking maybe it should be under credit repair.
Message Edited by shepherd on 10-08-2008 08:47 AM
Message Edited by shepherd on 10-08-2008 08:55 AM
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.