Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What to do next?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

What to do next?

So I started around this time last year an effort to bring my credit up. I started out with a 530 after a few credit cards and CU charged off my accounts.

They were barclays, Cap 1 and a local CU. All which totaled around $2.5K I lost my job and it took 3 months to get back on my feet. 

I paid off the Cap1 and started paying the CU as they are still willing to work with me. The bayclays is a CO with amount being $1.2K

Since the 530, I have opened a Cap1 secured, wells fargo secured, first premier unsecured, best buy rewards and a santander auto loan.

I have low utilization/low statement closing balances and have made ALL my payments on time. Cap1 increased my CLI a month ago, wells fargo announced my secured card will graduate in Sept '14.

My score has gone up 73 points in the time that has passed. 

My question is what do I do from here? Ask for Cap1 to take off my Paid CO? Pay off the remaining balances in chunks? I feel I should be floating in the mid 600's by now from what I have read from others stories.

Any advise would be great! Thanks.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
lhcole77
Valued Contributor

Re: What to do next?

Welcome to the Forums!

How recent is the CO? And do you have any other negatives on your reports?

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

2012 and no others.

Message 3 of 5
lhcole77
Valued Contributor

That's gonna hurt your score for a while due to it being recent. As it ages and as more time passes with timely payments it will have less of an effect on your score.

In the mean time I would suggest keeping balances low, paying everything on time ALWAYS and, if you can, having as few CCs report a balance as possible.

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the input!

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.