Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What to do next?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

What to do next?

Hi, this is my first time here, very informative forum.

Ch 7 BK discharged 7/07.  Cleaned up all three reports, got First Premier unsecured card $450 & Target Red card $300, keep 10-20% balance on both to establish payment histroy, have paid more than minimum payment every month.  No other debt, everything listed correctly on all three reports.  Trans Union FICO is 636, I think that is my middle score, don't want to pay for all three just yet.  Ultimate goal is buying a house at some point next year, so I want my score to be 720 at least.  Thinking about getting car loan ($14-16000) in the next few months, would it help my credit?  I can easily afford the payment, but I can also continue to share car with hubby if need be. What else should I be doing besides keep paying credit cards on time?

Thanks!
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: What to do next?

May want to also post in the BK forum-

Keep UTL under 10% and if you are considering a home purchase - do keep a 8 month gap between adding credit and the mortgage. This will give time for the INQ and new account to start helping.

I may suggest another card - check the "BK friendly lenders" thread

Yes and NEVER be late-and play with the FICO simulator.
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.