Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What to do when CA does not validate

tag
guiness56
Epic Contributor

What to do when CA does not validate

and the CRA says it verified the account? I DV'd a CA for a debt that I am 100% sure they have reaged with a new account number. I got no response. I then disputed it with EQ sending the letter, GC, etc. They verified it and told me to contact the CA. Now what do I do?
Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: What to do when CA does not validate

Play hard ball with the CRA.....MOV them   CMRRR        make the changes needed!

CRA
ADDRESS
ADDRESS

Date

Dear Sir or Madam:

On __________ I filed a dispute with Experian regarding the account from _________ which appears on my Experian credit report. On ________ I received the results of the investigation stating that the account had been verified.

Under the Fair Credit Reporting Act, section 611(a)(7), I am entitled to receive a description of the procedure used to determine the accuracy and completeness of the information, including the business name and address of any furnisher of information and the telephone number of such furnisher, if reasonably available.

Please mail this information to me at the address below:

Name
Address
Address

Sincerely,

Message Edited by HappyDays on 02-27-2008 05:00 PM

Message Edited by HappyDays on 02-27-2008 05:00 PM
Message 2 of 17
guiness56
Epic Contributor

In the letter I got it states they contacted them personally and received additional information and I need to contact the CA to find out what it is. Since I DV'd them and they did not respond in the first place, what could they possibly tell me. Would an MOV get me the same response, they contacted them personally? Or is this BS on the CRAs part?
Message 3 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

guiness56 wrote:
In the letter I got it states they contacted them personally and received additional information and I need to contact the CA to find out what it is. Since I DV'd them and they did not respond in the first place, what could they possibly tell me. Would an MOV get me the same response, they contacted them personally? Or is this BS on the CRAs part?

This I need to think about I will get back to you......
Message 4 of 17
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Thanks. I just pulled the original report where this account was deleted. The account # was 189204-169713. Now, on the new report where the account was re-aged and verified the account # is 169713189204. CA must think I am really stupid.
Message 5 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

guiness56 wrote:
and the CRA says it verified the account? I DV'd a CA for a debt that I am 100% sure they have reaged with a new account number. I got no response. I then disputed it with EQ sending the letter, GC, etc. They verified it and told me to contact the CA. Now what do I do?

After a CA failed to validate, it verified the information during a dispute with the CRA?

Isn't that a violation?

Message 6 of 17
guiness56
Epic Contributor

I am pretty sure it is. I am trying to find out what to do next, other than hire an attorney. Can not really afford that.
Message 7 of 17
gdtobefree
Established Contributor

"I am pretty sure it is. I am trying to find out what to do next, other than hire an attorney. Can not really afford that."

And they probably know this too, so they are thinking you won't fight it, BUT that is where they are wrong.

Do send them that MOV letter.

By law they HAVE to furnish contact info for the CA containng WHO they spoke with HOW they contacted them.  When they do, use the addy they send and send your DV that addy, IF you cannot get validation from that address then the CA AND the CRA are in violation.

If none of this info is sent to you and you cannot get an aswer out of the CA then it is time to file complaints, 1st the BBB (this ticks the Ca and the CRA off to no end they hate being reported and it could cost them BIG BUCKS in fines)
2nd file a complaint with your Attorney general's office
3rd file a complaint with the FTC  

You would send this in the form if an ITS letter.
Message 8 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

start with complaints with your state AG, the CA's state AG and the FTC.  Consumer attorneys will not require a retainer - their fees are covered under code if you win.
Message 9 of 17
guiness56
Epic Contributor

I have already filed complaints with the BBB and the AG.  The CA is in my state.  I filed the day they re-aged the account and reinserted it in my CRA. I have not heard back from them on this one and there is no link for added information.  I am pretty sure I filed with the FTC also and got a response back.

As far as the MOV, I will send that out. 

I have been looking for an ITS letter.  I was going to send one to the CRA and the CA.  Where can I find one?

Is there a link for a list of consumer lawyers on this site?  Unfortunately, there are none in my immediate area.

Message Edited by guiness56 on 02-28-2008 07:32 AM
Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.