Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What to do with this "Collection agency 831ya13064"

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

What to do with this "Collection agency 831ya13064"

Anyone have stuff like this? Collection agency [?] 831ya13064 This is a paid collection from 2002. It shows paid, and I know it was paid in 2002. I want it off, but dont know how to contact them to remove. It was originally from Cox Communications, but trying them is little help. TBR
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Ausfarm
Regular Contributor

Re: What to do with this "Collection agency 831ya13064"

I think that the 831ya13064 is the CRA's account number for the creditor.  Somehow, their system account number got reported rather than the name of the creditor.  Have you tried disputing?  I mean you don't know for certain that it is Cox Communication.  If it comes back verified, ask for their method of verification.

Before you dispute, have you tried a GW letter?

Message Edited by Ausfarm on 12-04-2007 01:14 PM
Message 2 of 8
SmartCookie
Valued Contributor

If it does not list the name of the creditor and you are just 'guessing', dispute it as 'not mine'.

I've never heard of that company personally... wink wink.
EQ 787 EX 781 TU 737 11/17/07 *** I am not an attorney. If I was, I might not clip coupons. If you want legal advice, consult an attorney. If you want my personal opinion, feel free to consider my posts***
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good thought. I will dispute and see what happens.

Thanks
TBR
Message 4 of 8
newFICOwatcher
Valued Member

I had a similar issue with a 2002 Sprint PCS collection. It reported a similar looking account number, was showing a $0 balance on 2 out of 3 CR's. I disputed the posted balance with the other CR and within a couple weeks, the collection dropped off all three CR's. They had no information about me, any account, or even my SSN on file.

Dispute.

Good luck!
Message 5 of 8
My_dog_FICO
Regular Contributor

When I received my free credit reports, it referenced all of my CAs with strange numbers like this.  When I pulled my reports from True Credit and Score Watch they had the full CA name, address, and full account numbers. 
11/14/07 TU 567 - EQ 561 - EX 577
11/29/07 TU ??? - EQ 573 - EX ???
12/10/07 TU ??? - EQ 579 - EX ??? - 60% util - OOPS!
Message 6 of 8
tyler511
Valued Member

I also have that on my credit report. I will be disputing to CRA.
Message 7 of 8
rycoop
New Contributor

I had that same thing on my CR... I have also disputed.  When I signed up for Score watch that was on there, I didn't see one address or full acct number on anything. Do you guys think I just over looked it??

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.