Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What to do????

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

What to do????

I first checked my reports and scores with MyFico on the 21st of last month (June). I found that I had a few collections on my record that I wasn't aware of. I got them removed pretty easily and my scores shot up like a rocket. One of the accounts that was listed with all three CRAs was a personal loan with Cap1 opened in May of 2004 and the terms were 24 months. Here's what each of the CRAs had in regards to that loan.

TU---- paid 13 months, current status 30 days late, 7 year payment history 30 days late 0 times 60 days late 0 times 90+ days late 0 times account opened 5/2004 date of last payment Jun 2005 paid and closed

EQ---- paid 13 months, current status 30 days late, 7 year payment history 30 days late 0 times 60 days late 0 times 90+ days late 0 times account opened 5/2004 date of last payment Jun 2005 paid and closed

EX---- paid 13 months, current status OK, 7 year payment history 30 days late 0 times 60 days late 0 times 90+ days late 0 times account opened 5/2004 date of last payment Jun 2005 paid and closed

In my quest to repair my credit I went to Cap1 and ask them what was up with this account since, I had NEVER been late with ANY of my loans. I was told by SEVERAL people who worked there that I would have to dispute it with the CRAs. (I have 7 accounts with Cap1 and only 2 are loans) I would expect that someone there could look into the situation and fix this.

I have sent E-mails EVERY SINGLE DAY to whoever@cap1..com for the past 3 weeks and have never been contacted. The only time I get to talk to someone about this is when I go to the bank or call on the phone. So, I follow the advice I got from them and I disputed it with Trans Union and Equifax ONLY! Here's the results:

TU---- paid 13 months, current status 30 days late, 7 year payment history 30 days late 1 time 60 days late 0 times 90+ days late 0 times account opened 5/2004 date of last payment Jun 2005 paid and closed

EQ---- paid 13 months, current status 30 days late, 7 year payment history 30 days late 1 time 60 days late 0 times 90+ days late 0 times account opened 5/2004 date of last payment Jun 2005 paid and closed

EX---- paid 13 months, current status OK/was late, 7 year payment history 30 days late 0 times 60 days late 0 times 90+ days late 0 times account opened 5/2004 date of last payment Jun 2007 paid and closed

Now, I'm no genius here, but, I KNOW I didn't dispute anything with EX on this one. They had it right to begin with. Now with EX they have me paying 37 months on a 24 month loan. And, to top it off, they have me as being late with all the CRAs!

What am I to do???

I've already done everything I know to do.

Any help on this would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks,

DJ

Message Edited by billiards on 07-20-2007 11:19 AM

Message Edited by billiards on 07-20-2007 11:23 AM
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

Re: What to do????

Is there any chance you could edit that with some line breaks to make it easier to read? 

Sorry to ask, but it is a little hard the way it is.

The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Done
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Help!
bump
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Anyone care to chime in on this?????
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I hate to keep bumping this up, but, no one has answered.
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.