New Contributor
billiards

What to do????

[ Edited ]

I first checked my reports and scores with MyFico on the 21st of last month (June). I found that I had a few collections on my record that I wasn't aware of. I got them removed pretty easily and my scores shot up like a rocket. One of the accounts that was listed with all three CRAs was a personal loan with Cap1 opened in May of 2004 and the terms were 24 months. Here's what each of the CRAs had in regards to that loan.

TU---- paid 13 months, current status 30 days late, 7 year payment history 30 days late 0 times 60 days late 0 times 90+ days late 0 times account opened 5/2004 date of last payment Jun 2005 paid and closed

EQ---- paid 13 months, current status 30 days late, 7 year payment history 30 days late 0 times 60 days late 0 times 90+ days late 0 times account opened 5/2004 date of last payment Jun 2005 paid and closed

EX---- paid 13 months, current status OK, 7 year payment history 30 days late 0 times 60 days late 0 times 90+ days late 0 times account opened 5/2004 date of last payment Jun 2005 paid and closed

In my quest to repair my credit I went to Cap1 and ask them what was up with this account since, I had NEVER been late with ANY of my loans. I was told by SEVERAL people who worked there that I would have to dispute it with the CRAs. (I have 7 accounts with Cap1 and only 2 are loans) I would expect that someone there could look into the situation and fix this.

I have sent E-mails EVERY SINGLE DAY to whoever@cap1..com for the past 3 weeks and have never been contacted. The only time I get to talk to someone about this is when I go to the bank or call on the phone. So, I follow the advice I got from them and I disputed it with Trans Union and Equifax ONLY! Here's the results:

TU---- paid 13 months, current status 30 days late, 7 year payment history 30 days late 1 time 60 days late 0 times 90+ days late 0 times account opened 5/2004 date of last payment Jun 2005 paid and closed

EQ---- paid 13 months, current status 30 days late, 7 year payment history 30 days late 1 time 60 days late 0 times 90+ days late 0 times account opened 5/2004 date of last payment Jun 2005 paid and closed

EX---- paid 13 months, current status OK/was late, 7 year payment history 30 days late 0 times 60 days late 0 times 90+ days late 0 times account opened 5/2004 date of last payment Jun 2007 paid and closed

Now, I'm no genius here, but, I KNOW I didn't dispute anything with EX on this one. They had it right to begin with. Now with EX they have me paying 37 months on a 24 month loan. And, to top it off, they have me as being late with all the CRAs!

What am I to do???

I've already done everything I know to do.

Any help on this would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks,

DJ

Message Edited by billiards on 07-20-2007 11:19 AM

Message Edited by billiards on 07-20-2007 11:23 AM
I put all my bills in a hat each month and keep drawing names and paying bills until there's no money left. If you don't stop harassing me, your name won't go in the hat!
Super Contributor
MidnightVoice

Re: What to do????

Is there any chance you could edit that with some line breaks to make it easier to read? 

Sorry to ask, but it is a little hard the way it is.

The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
New Contributor
billiards

Done
I put all my bills in a hat each month and keep drawing names and paying bills until there's no money left. If you don't stop harassing me, your name won't go in the hat!
New Contributor
billiards

Help!
bump
New Contributor
billiards

Anyone care to chime in on this?????
New Contributor
billiards

I hate to keep bumping this up, but, no one has answered.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+