Established Member
bdel

What to do?

Ok I have a 2002 Nissan Altima with 150K miles its paid for but needs a good but of work the engine needs a new timing chain and the cab has begun to leak. I am buying a house in June and was wondering if I should go ahead and take advantage of 0% finanicing and get a truck now? What are your thoughts MyFico.
Moderator Emeritus

Re: What to do?

How will the added payment affect your DTI ratio? This plays an important part of being qualified for a home.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Free Annual Reports, Freq. Requested Threads, 5 Things We Don't Talk About, Common Abbreviations, Where do I start?, State Resources
Established Member
bdel

I would still be able to get the loan based on My DTI.I just hate applying for credit so close together.
Moderator Emeritus

If it were me and there was any possible way that you could wait until after you got the mortgage, I would.

When I spoke to a LO at BoA last summer, just getting some estimates and feel for things, she said they wanted to see that I hadn't take on any new debt in the last 90 days(I think). However, this could have been because if my DTI, my credit, etc. Any number of reasons.

I wouldn't risk it, but you have to do what you have to do.

Possibly move the mortgage and do that sooner?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Free Annual Reports, Freq. Requested Threads, 5 Things We Don't Talk About, Common Abbreviations, Where do I start?, State Resources

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+