Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What to expect from PFD this entry?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

What to expect from PFD this entry?

This is a repost from something I wrote in another; slightly off topic in that...

Right now, everything is around 650.  Pre-04, everything was about 800, and I had about 9 credit cards (wow, looking back, I didn't realize I had so many), an open vehicle loan for $40k, two paid for vehicle loans ~40k each, never any latenesses and very low balances, if any, on them all.  In 04, I maxed out and charged off everything (medical situation; long story) except one credit card...my score went down to the mid-500's or so.  In 05, I paid two of the charged off credit cards, PFD two in 06, and worked the system to get four deleted w/o a penny (although I made a few thousand , one I've had over 10 years is still perfect, and the last one I'm still fighting to get taken off right now. 

06 I closed the $40k loan and opened a small one on the same car for about $8k, and paid it off early 07.  Within the year I've opened three more credit cards, and have two open car loans (one $18k and one $35k).  So, I've got four credit cards two open car loans, low balances, excellent credit from pre-04 for stuff I've paid off, two paid CO's with last dates 05', a lateness from 06, oh yeah...forgot a line of credit I opened also, and one has two paid student  loans I paid for while I was in college...around 1998, or so. 

Getting to the point, what I'm trying to figure out here is, if I can convince the folks to PFD this last derog from 04, will my score bounce back into the 700's.  If not, when can I expect to be back in the 700's?  I keep my balances low, etc., so, I'm aware of what I need to do to prevent my score from lowering.
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: What to expect from PFD this entry?

As of right now, what derogs do you have on your credit, and when was the DOFD for each of them?
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

stevie2 wrote:
This is a repost from something I wrote in another; slightly off topic in that...

Right now, everything is around 650.  Pre-04, everything was about 800, and I had about 9 credit cards (wow, looking back, I didn't realize I had so many), an open vehicle loan for $40k, two paid for vehicle loans ~40k each, never any latenesses and very low balances, if any, on them all.  In 04, I maxed out and charged off everything (medical situation; long story) except one credit card...my score went down to the mid-500's or so.  In 05, I paid two of the charged off credit cards, PFD two in 06, and worked the system to get four deleted w/o a penny (although I made a few thousand , one I've had over 10 years is still perfect, and the last one I'm still fighting to get taken off right now. 

06 I closed the $40k loan and opened a small one on the same car for about $8k, and paid it off early 07.  Within the year I've opened three more credit cards, and have two open car loans (one $18k and one $35k).  So, I've got four credit cards two open car loans, low balances, excellent credit from pre-04 for stuff I've paid off, two paid CO's with last dates 05', a lateness from 06, oh yeah...forgot a line of credit I opened also, and one has two paid student  loans I paid for while I was in college...around 1998, or so. 

Getting to the point, what I'm trying to figure out here is, if I can convince the folks to PFD this last derog from 04, will my score bounce back into the 700's.  If not, when can I expect to be back in the 700's?  I keep my balances low, etc., so, I'm aware of what I need to do to prevent my score from lowering.

FICO does not care if a CO is paid or unpaid...any CO is bad news!!

Late payments hurt for the first 2 years.

You mention the paid CO being in 2005......what was the DOFD  or when does your CR say it will drop?      IMO these are whats keeping your scores down!

I had a CO reported by the OC.....when it dropped I had an over 50 point gain in scores!

They will drop from CR  approx  7 years from DOFD not from when you paid them.

The amount $$$$ of your debt or credit (how much you paid for auto loans doesn't matter)

You should always try to PFD the OC before a  CA.   They tend to be more willing to accept a PFD if you are past SOL.
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

DEROGS as of now are:  30-day late from February 06, Two PAID CO's that were CO'ed in 04 and paid in 05', and a CO from 04 (DOFD is around October or something? The information is conflicting...actual last payment was in March 04).  Everything else is postive and/or paid..
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Right, nutzomommy...the DOFD was some time late 03, or 04.  I'm not really focusing too much on those two accounts, because they are paid, and my score has been increasing for a few years since. 

What I want to be sure of, is that if I get this last derog deleted (see info on it in my other post), will my score jump.  With all the other accounts I currently have, etc., I'd be surprised if the score is less than 700, if PFD will cause the score to jump at all.

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

bump Smiley Wink
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.