Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What to write on the Cashier's Check

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

What to write on the Cashier's Check

I was just wondering what I should write on the cashiers check that I made out to LVNV Funding....They have agreed to "settlement in full"...Should I write down settled in full or paid in full...I have to mail this out first thing in the am pls advice!!
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: What to write on the Cashier's Check

Bump
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Helloo somebody, hello Smiley Happy
Message 3 of 8
PayYouNever
Frequent Contributor

Do a search for Restrictive Endorsement. I wrote it down in a notebook that I subsequently lost on the subway, but there are two or three spot on threads that talk about exactly what to write.

Although I don't know why you're sending a cashier's check in the first place. Is that part of the agreement you made with the creditor you're paying off?

Or do you not want to use a personal check because the creditor will then have your banking information?

It's harder to track and maintain record of payment on a cashier's check, that's all I'm bringing up.
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well I wanted to do a money order but I guess but the teller said nothing over a thousand dollars so I had to do cashiers check and no I wouldnt give them my personal information...I dont even have an account...I had to have my dad send me some money to my friend's account...The teller did tell me that using cashier's check is easier for the bank to track it
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

did you send them a PFD???  a paid collection does nothing for your CR

A cashies's check is always better for you & them.

Message Edited by HappyDays on 01-24-2008 07:40 PM
Message 6 of 8
Dawn
Established Contributor

AHASS786 wrote:

The teller did tell me that using cashier's check is easier for the bank to track it

I can't give advice on what you should put on the cashier's check, but I would make a copy of the face of the check and keep it along with the stub that comes with it.  I would give it time to be paid and go back to the bank and ask them to obtain an image of the paid check and a record of the date paid.

I recently needed proof of payment regarding something paid with a cashier's check and was able to obtain this information from Chase.  They did, however, have to request the image from Integrated Payment Systems.  It was the next day before I could pick it up.   

Message Edited by denbar2003 on 01-25-2008 05:47 AM
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
did you send them a PFD??? a paid collection does nothing for your CR
A cashies's check is always better for you & them.

Message Edited by HappyDays on 01-24-2008 07:40 PM

HappyD, what about paying with a Credit Card?
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.