cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What would life be like if we only had one Credit Bureau?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

What would life be like if we only had one Credit Bureau?

Imagine one score and one report.  I think it would be easier to dispute information.   What does everyone else think.
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: What would life be like if we only had one Credit Bureau?

life would be wonderful. i don't know how, but still. it just would be different i guess.
Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

that would depend on which one it was.....

But 1 would be much much easier.  and you definitely would not have to worry about who pulls which one.
Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

It would be horrible.  If a CRA had no competition, it would have very little reason to produce a good product for its customers (that's the lenders, not you the consumer).  It would do only the minimum necessary to fulfil its legal obligations.

So while it's a pain to dispute and deal with 3 different CRAs, be very thankful that each of them has to try to prove to the lenders that its information is the most accurate.
Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah and the luck we've all been having lately, the only CRA would end up being Experian!Smiley Mad
Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

masdeocho wrote:
It would be horrible.  If a CRA had no competition, it would have very little reason to produce a good product for its customers (that's the lenders, not you the consumer).  It would do only the minimum necessary to fulfil its legal obligations.

So while it's a pain to dispute and deal with 3 different CRAs, be very thankful that each of them has to try to prove to the lenders that its information is the most accurate.

well when you put it that way......the 3 we got need some competition themselves.  Cause they be messing up ALL the time!!
Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

masdeocho wrote:

I kind of disagree with you.  I believe that the CRA's are already being monitored by the laws.  If they dont act right we will sue.  Point blank.  I think if there was only one, the government would monitor it more closely. 
Message 7 of 10
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Our luck that one CRA would be CSC.
Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Speaking of CSC, they mailed me a letter asking for me to mail them a copy of my SS card, drivers liscense, and utility bill or something with my current address on it just to see my CR?!  Is this standard procedure? Why would they ask me to mail them such "secure info"?
Message 9 of 10
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

ToBeFree wrote:
Speaking of CSC, they mailed me a letter asking for me to mail them a copy of my SS card, drivers liscense, and utility bill or something with my current address on it just to see my CR?!  Is this standard procedure? Why would they ask me to mail them such "secure info"?

Pretty standard.. I think they do this because they hate us. Smiley Happy
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.